News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Varranger2 - bad note velocity out for Yamaha megavoice type

Started by stolte, January 03, 2018, 09:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stolte

Varranger2 (v1.18) does not transmit original velocity levels in Yamaha Tyros styles (e.g.ShuffleBlues.T148.prs) on track for megavoice sounds (see the attachment). I checked on all possible midi out settings. The original megavoice styles are different. Here they are limited to one articulation. Megavoice has 8 types of sound articulation plus additional effects, e.g. guitar strum. Dan, can anything be done about it ?

Dan

Hello,

Can you tell me where did you buy vArranger, as you don't appear as a vArranger user on the forum?

stolte

I checked it with a friend who has bought a program from you. I am urgently interested in buying but not everything works as it should. Before I buy a version for myself, I need to be sure that Yamaha styles will be played correctly.

Dan

If you buy vArranger, I can add a settings in the ini file, to never change the volume of the megavoices...  Only for the experimented users....

Dan

Note, that you will then need to have all the megavoices from the Tyros 1? to the new Genos, as they will not be remapped :)
or only use your custom styles that you have megavoices sampled for it

stolte

Ok I need for Tyros 5 megavoice.
Dan, do you anticipate a varanger version that will read the Yamaha Genos styles correctly? The current version of not all styles read correctly in some styles is missing sounds in the C3 C4 octave. Instrument names on the tracks are also incorrectly displayed.

Dan

Yes... I always improve the vArranger style engine when possible....
Do you have sampled the T5 megavoices?

stolte

no, I have my own samples and I made my megavoice
see the attachment, that's how the Genos style sounds

Dan

stolte

There is no need, I am interested in buying but as varranger has other surprises for "advanced users" I would like to know about it before I decide. Dan, why do you limit the varanger's abilities? Do additional options require additional payment? There is one more thing that interests me. Will Varrangel read the Ketron styles in KST format and when possible, please specify the date (styles do not have to be synchronized with audio drums) and when will be able to edit styles? but not your own format. Without these functions, the varranger will be useless to me.

Dan

For the history, vArranger was first created for the Ketron SD2 and other GM midi synth that has no Megavoices inside, and I had to create smart algorithms, to be able to play the Yamaha styles on most of the synths. This is ok for 99% of the configurations.

You have a special need that is not possible to do in the actual version of vArranger.
I told you that if you buy vArranger, I will add this option for no additional payment

KST styles, not yet... I start to collect few KST styles for analysis. It should be possible as they are based on the Midifile format.

I plan to add a style creator, but no dates planned, and will only save to the vArranger style format.

stolte

I have a SD40, I can send you styles if you want. I will ask you to buy a program if the kst styles will work. Until then, I'm working with ketron.
ps.
on Ketron site is update style for SD40 look for future you can see how the styles for ketron are loaded and what their structure related to audio drums looks.

Dan

I don't understand where to "see how the styles for ketron are loaded and what their structure related to audio drums looks"
I am afraid Audio drums and audio guitars can't be played without the original SD40 data

stolte

in SD7 / SD40 only audio drums will not be played but you can change (do it yourself) on the midi drums standard, the rest plays without problems. In SD9 live guitars also do not play from external midi styles.

stolte

in  attachment the update style update for sd40, list the file you will see what I mean

Dan

Maybe it's too much technical for the vArranger forum, please send me a private email

ElTyros

Quote from: Dan on January 03, 2018, 09:30:51 PM
If you buy vArranger, I can add a settings in the ini file, to never change the volume of the megavoices...  Only for the experimented users....

Bonjour Dan , Intéressant , Quelle est la syntaxe pour l'ajouter au fichier ini ?

@+

Dan

stolte

Does anyone interest the megavoice sounds?
intro styles of Tyros5  AcousticBlues comparison on megavoice sound
first part - varranger2 
second part - the same original style as midi file
is the difference?
Dan, can you add to varranger2 native support for tyros megavoices for all?

Dan

You keep repeating yourself. Should I repeat myself? :)

By the way, nice guitar !

stolte

Well, that's cool because it's a megavoice type with eight articulations in one voice program!

stolte

Compare Yamaha Genos CaliforniaCountry style with Genos megavoice full velocity level and Genos megavoice low velocity level. The midi out for SD1000 plays fake drum too.

Dan, "D sus4" chord playing something different? So it has to be ? He plays well in the original instrument.

Dan

I am sorry, I can't offer support to not registered users

stolte

Dan, there are many other bugs in varranger2, maybe you think nobody else will notice it? I thought you wanted to improve the software and you put your head in the sand. I work on a borrowed version 1.18.02 bought from you, but I can not decide on the version for myself because every now and then I discover some problems. I'm afraid, If I become a registered user, I will not have time to play because we will solve problems on the forum all the time. I want to avoid it and solve the most important, if at all possible. I see that most of them use varanger as Casio player but I hope for more professional use, that's why I mention megavoice's and other problems. Above you wrote to the registered user that "Cell n'existe pas encore" I'm afraid even when I buy a varanger2 I will have to wait indefinitely for the required improvement.

fazfaz

stolte

I am sorry but the sounds without multiarticulation and the effects of streaming (with guitars) sound like instruments from the previous era. Percussion without randomization sounds like a machine gun. The sfz standard that Dan promotes does not provide such opportunities. Dan limited the articulation possibilities in varranger2 to flatten the articulation to one level. Listen to the sample above. Also listen to how midi guitars sound in the accompaniment of this attachment. Guitars and percussion have 4 variations of the same sound. They have the option of choosing the bar on which the chord is played. Only the sounds of the stream are missing (notes above C5), which are blocked by Dan.

Carlo

Hello,

Last week, I bought the all 4 Soundpacks from Dan.

vArranger sounds excellent with the Soundbanks. I am one very happy vArr-user !  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Dan, for your efforts and the excellent job You make on vArranger and the Soundbanks !

Regards,
Carlo

magali

where is the bug ???
   Calicountry with our Yamaha sound bank  ;)

stolte

magali, in the style of lowvelo.mp3 (above) do not you hear that "d sus4" (third chord) plays differently?

stolte

Carlo, listen to NewCountryG.mp3 (above) the guitars are playing like live. Four random sounds for one note. Listen to the megavoice.mp3 file with the guitar sound with many articulations. Are SF2 for sure better? I'm sure now that Dan has specially limited varranger2 to play better with soundfonts. In the network, you can buy the color from tyros 2 including megavoice (norCTrack) but Dan deleted this post where I gave the link.

magali

stolte

Oh, that sounds sad, listen to this, it's vGenos, but no nuances that Dan blocked. It would be perfect.

magali

8)Oh friend  Ok
   Génos 23 effects
   Génos new sounds does not exist on aour Yam bank in this time .
  By a Génos it is better for Yam styles .

stolte

giupa

Quote from: Dan on January 03, 2018, 09:30:51 PM

Is this file already ready? I have moxf, for me it would be great.

v.muller

agaton

Quote from: Dan on January 03, 2018, 09:39:55 PM
...Do you have sampled the T5 megavoices?
We in Agaton have made all Megavoices from Tyros 3 for our Trans Audio instruments.
In the next time we shall make also megavoices of Tyros 5 or Genos, this is only a few
voices more than in T3. If you need it please send me private mail.