News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Old GEM keyboard problem..

Started by DjTony1981, November 13, 2017, 06:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjTony1981

Hi Dan, I'm using an old GEM keyboard as an expander with Roland styles, connecting it to vA2 with a USB-MIDI adapter cable. I'm noticing that in the presence of CC32 (bank select LSB) messages, the keyboard can not change the sounds. Is it an event timing problem? Probably the internal clock of the keyboard is slow in "reading" MIDI events compared to the computer's USB transmission. Is it possible to add a check to filter them from vA2? Or increase data transmission delay?
Thank you..

Dan

In KETRON mode, vArranger does not send CC32

DjTony1981

..but my GEM supports the Roland GS Sysex .. in fact imposed GS mode of vA2 ..  ;)

Dan

What GEM model?  This is strange that it does not accepts the CC32

DjTony1981

GEM WK2..generally GEM skips CC32, but i think that at some transmission speed cause a "no" sound change ..

Dan

Right clic on a track, and change the CC32 to the value 0, and see if now it is OK
Maybe the WK2 doesn't change the sound, if it does not exists in its memory

DjTony1981

DjTony1981

Dan, I confirm your hypothesis .. I change to 0 the cc32 then the keyboard recognizes the sound .. ???

Dan

So you have to put the CC32 to 0 and save your sounds and styles to go with your GEM sound module

DjTony1981

Exactly .. can you add a MIDI Filter (as I recall from me time ago) to filter CCs from vA2?

Dan

For now, I don't plan to add a ' GEM ' mode in the list...

DjTony1981

..and a check control to filter the CC32?  :D