News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Soundfont bank selection?

Started by bluebeat, October 22, 2017, 04:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

One future feature that can be very useful is selecting between whole soundfont banks.
Right now, as I understand you can load one complete soundfont "bank", but all other instruments have to be loaded individually or as VST.
What if: You have 2 or more complete banks... It would be nice if you can choose on individual tracks to send Midi to soundfont bank 1 or 2 or 3 of your choice, to see what sounds better :)

Maybe it is possible, and I just do not know how? Without any special VST hosts such as samplelord or TX16WX?...

olivier71500

Yes I agree with you
it would be great if it was possible to choose soundfonts banks
Don't know if it represents a big amount of work ?
Probably not the priority for most of users ?

olivier

bluebeat

olivier71500, thank you for reply.

I believe Dan released 4 banks.... It would be logical, if people owned more than one complete SFbanks to be able to alternate between them "on the fly"
in the similar manner that is done with VST on Varranger now.. for audition.

At some point, I will likely purchase Dan's sound bank, but without being able to alternate it will be difficult to justify.

Just curious how people alternate between 2 or more banks right now, without rebuilding whole bank structure....?

Dan

Actually, our 4 soundbanks are able to alternate on the fly between them, and between your own sf2 files too

It is not possible for you to do the same without using a SF2 editor like Polyphone, and edit the SF2 files

Every SF2 preset has a unique bank number and program number, and we use it to call it

If 2 SF2 presets has the same numbers, vArranger will load one of them only

If it's only for listening and try different soundfonts, you can use other software than vArranger, create your best bank, and then include it in the vA SAMPLES folder

bluebeat

Dan, thank you for reply. Polyphone...it would not be convienent to re-number complete banks with hundrds of sounds... and especially 2 or more banks.
For example, if you have one complete bank that sounds better for Yamaha styles and another one that sounds better for Roland... Right now as I understand, you can either use one or the other if they share same banks etc. The only way to incorporate them is to make something in the middle, losing half of the sounds, auditioning and this will take many many hours to complete. And that will happen with any new banks. Just saying it would be a great feature to have... to be able to have different banks connected even if they share same banks :)

TRS M.Uenal

Hi their,
Dan please can you tell more about how VA know wich Soundbank is to call ?

VA Synth can handle CC00 CC32 and PrgChn Yes ?

Maybe a GS Soundlocation (CC00, CC32, PrgChn) and a XG Soundlocation has the same number on the VASynth Soundbanks.
And when i put my own complete SF2 TRS-XG-GS Soundbank on the VA-Synth would it be work ?

Thanks for Information and stay cool :-)

Dan

TRS M.Uenal