News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Useful feature idea

Started by bluebeat, October 11, 2017, 04:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

There had been some posts, including mine about channeling VA to DAW directly... it is possible, but complicated +latency. Or Midi file....but that will also require tunning for everything... extra plugins to store soundfonts or hardware.
Maybe it was discussed, but here is the idea I have:

It would be nice to be able to output individual audio tracks from VA of composition. Meaning, instead of having one file WAV, to have it broken down to audio tracks. That way you can import them to DAW of choice on separate tracks and tweak them to liking.... Like using Volume and Effects Envelope automation, VST effect chains etc. If my logic is correct, it should not be difficult to add such feature.

Anybody agree?

bluebeat

I am surprised this did not gathered any posts....
I know that many users use VA on live setups, but I am sure some of users use it for composition/songs. Of course it is easy as the way it is to have a single mixed wav in one file...  What I encounter frequently, if I do not like how a particular instrument sounds in DAW after importing WAV, I would have to go back to VA and remix it again... and again.... In Daw it is easy to do automation (volume and effects) for specific track with "ribbon" and "anchor points" which is not possible in arranger. I think separate audio tracks for each instrument in recording in VA is an easy solution for track automation...

Otherwise it would require complicated setup with soundfont bank in DAW and midi that always tends to create problems in translating. Solid WAV tracks are easier to work with...  It is possible now, but that means "recording" each track in VA in SOLO mode.

Would love to hear opinions from somebody if somebody has a more elegant solution.

Pekilik

I don't know that I understand what do you want,

but I use DAW(personus studio one) like VST host for my vst plugins and vst effects and I can control any parameter in VST samplers or effects
by vA2 or Touch OSC, and if I want record song I can do this because I have opened 16 midi tracks in DAW and later I can edit song
on which way what I want...

bluebeat

I use mostly soundfont banks and some VST for certain instruments in VArranger, so to transfer exact sound formula to Daw is possible, but very time consuming and this change from track to track. It is much simpler to make a complete rough cut track in VA than with midi in DAW imported from VA. Maybe it is just me, but I preffer working with audio tracks, not midi tracks for effects, automation and final mix when adding vocals.
I wish that Dan (hope you reading this) would do this. Do you want this feature? It is going to be X amount of money. More complex, more money, less complex, less money. Sort of crowd funding features that users want.

Lylo

Bachus

Quote from: bluebeat on October 11, 2017, 04:09:52 AM
There had been some posts, including mine about channeling VA to DAW directly... it is possible, but complicated +latency. Or Midi file....but that will also require tunning for everything... extra plugins to store soundfonts or hardware.
Maybe it was discussed, but here is the idea I have:

It would be nice to be able to output individual audio tracks from VA of composition. Meaning, instead of having one file WAV, to have it broken down to audio tracks. That way you can import them to DAW of choice on separate tracks and tweak them to liking.... Like using Volume and Effects Envelope automation, VST effect chains etc. If my logic is correct, it should not be difficult to add such feature.

Anybody agree?

This is a feature on my pa4x..
Just slice up a drum audio loop..
And then trigger the sounds trough midi..

Any daw can do this for you..
If you want to use this use jack router to send midi to your daw
Then slice up the sudio in the daw, add them to 16 drumpads or some keys
And use the midi out of your varranger drums to trigger..

bluebeat

Lylo, thank you! I thought that I am alone on this :)

Bachus, thank you for the reply...but... The whole reason behind NOT to use midi is not to get results that you do not want and spend long time tweaking from track to track from one composition to another etc.

vArranger is... -You get what you hear. And that is what I like. Straight forward, no surprises. With midi outputting, channeling, streaming using different VST hosts for same set of sounds, latency, etc... is like opening a door to hell to me of sitting and tweaking instead of doing music :)

Since vArranger mix generator is there already, it should be fairly simple to create a "save" option of "unmixed" tracks.