News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

pianissimo VST plug-in doesn't load in vArranger.

Started by lakere, August 27, 2017, 01:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakere

Anybody running Pianissimo VST plugin in vArranger?    For some reason, it doesn't load but crashes vArranger.

My vA2 is verion 1.18.  The plugin is 64 bit.   I jBridge treated it to see if it would do the tick.  It didn't.   Sometimes I use this plugin.  It has a nice, rich, and warm tone to it in the mid range. 

Dan

I have downloaded the Pianissimo demo version, and there is no 64 bit version existing of this plugin.
It should be a 32 bit plugin.

lakere

Thanks, Dan, for trying it out.   You can download the 64 bit version of Pianissimo here.  I don't know if it requires a license.  The 64 bit version comes Mixcraft Pro, which I had purchased before. 
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=108904#108904
ftp://ftp.acoustica.com/AC-Software/pianissimo/Pianissimo64.zip

Since, I could not load the 64 bit version even after I treated with jBridge, this is what I did;
I ran vArranger2 as administrator as some plugins seem to require it.    It didn't work.   This time, I jBridged the 32 bit version and vA2 loaded it just fine!!!    Still, it would be better to be able to load the 64 bit version. 

lakere

I am answering my question.   I thought I was having trouble with the plugin dll file that is copied out of Mixcraft Pro.   So I directed vA2 to the original folder of Mixcraft.  The 64 bit plug loaded in vA2 just fine.   Next, I moved all the files related to Pianissimo into my VST plugin folder and then pointed vA2 to the new folder.   It worked again.  I don't know why it did not work at first, but now everything works fine.   Sure good to play Pianissimo (pretty small in size) with vArranger2! 

Dan

Yes. Many programs place few ressources files close to them, like sound samples etc...
In this case, you can't simply move the DLL, but need to install it again and select a different path

vArranger allows you to select the VST path, so no need to move anything....

Good to know it worked