News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Octave change on accomponiment tracks....

Started by bluebeat, August 14, 2017, 01:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

I believe this topic came up several times before... Many times when composing arrangement, I would encounter that accomponiment is playing in different octave than desired result. I would think, naturally you should be able to change the octave +\- in acc tracks As of now there is no option to do this.... Dan, can you please tell me and perhaps some other users who are interested in this topic if it is in plans for near future updates?

VArranger is a great program, but honestly this issue is very frustrating.

I would appriciate feedback on this. Thank you.

bluebeat

Dan

This will be added soon.
With all the standard styles, this is not useful, but can be useful if your synth is not playing at the correct octave (like bass on yamaha motif), or if your style track is not recorded OK?

bluebeat

Hi Dan,
it is (might be...) a very good news. But I believe, if you going to trickle with the matter, why not do a universal octave selection for any style? That might be very helpful for future development. I know that setup (programming) for this might be tricky, but at the end, there is only one value that will change in style.

Issue is when making arrangement, one or more chord sections in "song chords"  would sound low or high and there is no way to change that. It would be useful to have +1, +2, +3 and -1, -2, -3 choices for the octaves, regardless of "actual" octave playing.

I think ability to change accompaniment octaves would help greatly with the creative aspect of arrangements. It is all about creativity, right?

Cautiously optimistic :)

Igor Electronician

Hello

It would be logical to make vA2 abide by the rules of transposition according to what is programmed in style of (CASM section etc), instead of doing it in "manual" mode...

bluebeat

Igor.... abide yes. But being able to change, if needed, absolutely. There is a difference between musical box (sharmanka, to bish) and flexible software.
Especially, software that is made for creative aspect in life and not for factory manufacturing :)

Igor Electronician

Dear bluebeat

In principle, I've never been against "great things" (useful stuff) in the program! :)
I just think that first and foremost need to fix the bugs in basic functionality of the program. Then to innovate. For creative aspect and process would be nice to have the Style Editor and Creator in Varranger.  That's a Great Thing! ;)

Regards!

bluebeat

When style sounds wrong, because octave is too low or too high in arrangement and there is no way to address this... this is function, not extras.
It is core composition editing, which in my view is very important.

Dan is maintaining program well and helped me when I had an issue with program in timely fashion, however... probably most of people who wanted vArranger, already bought it and besides standard updates and bug fixes there is no avid ambition to bring major additions such as style creator, etc.. I completely understand that.

Since Dan is deeply familiar with this type of programming, maybe it is a good idea to "CROWD FUND" projects. And have "paid" modules such as comprehensive style editor / creator.  There are so many members... I am sure, that if asked (in the form of email perhaps, because most of users do not visit this forum frequently), there should be a solid group willing to kick start / sponsor a project.

Dan you can totally do it! Do not give up! :)

slaveofword

Hello everybody!
I also agree with Igor!!
The first rule is  "just think that first and foremost need to fix the bugs in basic functionality of the program"
And wlso add octave change.
We hope Dan can do it

Dan

The main reason I did not like the idea of octave change on accomp tracks, is because vArranger already follows the transpose rules and note limits set inside each style etc...
Some sounds are not transposable, like megavoices... some guitar sounds have noises in top and bottom range of the keys that will sound bad if you transpose them... etc....

That's why, I prefer to correct the sound engine, or correct the style if it has a problem of octave, better than add this octave option.

If you see any official style from Yamaha/Roland/Korg/Ketron that has a problem of octave, tell me what style, and I will check it.

Igor Electronician

Hello

As I have previously said- problem is that when you change chord sequence, result is always different. On the same tone of voices can sound both above and below (in same style). Hence conclusion that something is wrong with rules... To be precise, that is their interpretation. This applies not only guitar timbres, there are other voices that are pretty standard from different manufacturers synths.

Lylo

It's really necessary for the bass track, many soundfonts and vsti are not à the same octave, if we can change the octave in vArranger it's more simple than in the vsti.

Igor Electronician

Hi
In addition to my previous message. I use hardware sound module Ketron SD-1000. VSTi and SoundFont used as a Supplement to timbres of solo group of instruments for right hand. The problem of transposition occurs with SD1000.

bluebeat

Control over octave regardless of the end point sound generator would be nice at some point in life :)
As Dan mentioned there are a couple of programs that can do that, But it will never be fluid. Dan, you have the knowledge, I am sure you are capable of making a decent style editor /creator /mixer that can for example change octaves of different tracks...(and many other good things)    8).  People are not easy giving up money, but I am sure there will be enough folks who can support this project.  Will be totally fair to sell it as individual program or a separate paid plugin for vArranger.

All other software that is available is just outdated, overpriced and not easy to understand. vArranger in my opinion is the only one that can actually progress.

P.s. I did not want to start another topic, but it would be great to have a posibility to add individual vst effect to individual channel. 

eallan

Has this been implemented yet?
I would like to drop the Bass by 1 Octave as it is too high
in a Roland style being used.

freakman

Hi,

I have suggested this for a very long time, and almost gave up.
It's a must, every arranger supports this option.
I can understand it if it does not work with Megavoice etc.
It always comes to transpose any traces.
I do it with VST Halion, so I can transpose everything.
It would be great if the Varranger2 got this function.

lakere

Dan, can you give us the options to change octaves?