News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger and Sampletank 3

Started by bluebeat, May 06, 2017, 04:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Hello.
  Does anybody use Sampletank 3 and vArranger? I am having some issues with playback.
I mainly use SF2 bank, which is good, but usually there is 1 or 2 instruments that I want to replace (such as pianos and guitars).  I get pops and clicks in vArranger trying to play only 2 tracks with Sampletank VST (all other tracks are muted) I tried 3 audio cards: Roland external usb card (Asio driver), Yeti Pro (Asio driver) and onboard Realtek (asio4all driver).
  Actually the best results I got was with Realtek, but still distortions such as pop/ clicks. I tried changing buffer on Asio within 3 setups from 512 to 1400+ and it did not help. Can anybody suggest something to fix this? I tried a few other VSTs in vArranger on same computer, never had this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Lylo

So you said it's only Sampletank who cause this issue ?

bluebeat

Hello Lylo.
After several hours of unsuccessful testing, somebody from KVR forum solved the issue. It was FX that are automatically set on in Sampletank. Meaning each instrument had 4 effects turned on by default, so 2 tracks would have 8 effects running...I turned couple of them off and voilà clean sound.

Lylo, since you are nice guy on this forum, can you please tell me how to properly send drums and bass to sampletank?
It seems drums have wrong mapping and bass playing in lower octave. Other instruments play as they should.

Thank you.

Lylo

Hello bluebeat, I will open vArranger tomorow and I will try fot explain to you (I use Sampletank 2.5 in vArranger, not Sampletank 3).

Lylo

Hello, you can easily transpose the bass in the menu edit of Sampletank but for change the note in the drum kit i think it's impossible

bluebeat

Lylo,
Thank you for reply. Yes, bass works with "transpose" in sampletank.
About the drums... it is very sad there is no GM function mapping.
In any case, I found some drum kits with GM mapping for Sampletank on internet. Some guy re-mapped several kits to use with sampleank. If you are interested, I can share.