News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

VST Scaling on Surface Pro 3 / vArranger

Started by bluebeat, May 02, 2017, 10:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Hello.
Just curious if anybody had issues with VST size (scaling) on high resolution monitor using vArranger?
I have Surface Pro and VSTs in vArranger are tiny, not usable. They appear normal in Sonar (on same system)

I read that there was a known problem in FL and other systems with high resolution, but fix was made inside host programs to what is called "legacy scaling". I could not find anything useful as to how to solve this alternative way. I was wondering if anybody had experienced that and how it was solved.

I wrote to Dan a few days ago, but did not heard back...

Thank you.

mbaggio65

I have a Surface Book Pro and scaling issues with a lot of programs. Try the method described here it may help:
http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/
Markus

bluebeat

mbaggio65,
thank you, but I do not think it will work. The program vArranger displays correctly but a plugin that would not resize is DLL.
90%+ of plugins do not have re-scale ability. Daws such as Sonar, FL and others made changes to their program, so plugins would display correctly.

I assume, Dan would have to give it a thought, as many machines these days will have higher resolution and many plugins (especially older ones) that are used by musicians will not display correctly.

Dan, if you are reading this, I downloaded free version of Sample Tank yesterday, hoping that maybe their VST would display correctly, since it is a newer one. No, it does not. It is also tiny as with all others I tried.

Thank you.

Dan

It is true that VST host have problems, because it's the VST plugin that decide the size of its window.
Some may be DPI aware, and some not, and I don't think there is a way to overcome this issue.

I can try to set DpiAware to false for the vArranger VST Host, but this can give another problem with recent VST plugins that are really designed for High DPI

Bluebeat, you can run support again, tell me the displayed ID in a private message, and I will try it in one hour

bluebeat

Dan, sure. I elect to be a laboratory rabbit :)
I sent you ID

Thank you!

Dan

OK. Finally I have removed the DpiAware option from the vArranger VST host, because most of the VST plugins are old and not ready for High DPI screens.
For the next version, to be released soon...

bluebeat

Dan,
Thank you VERY MUCH!!!

I am sure, it will help many people in the future because there are fantastic VSTs that are just not developed further.