News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

RIFF Chord sound wrong!

Started by DjTony1981, April 23, 2017, 11:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjTony1981

Hi Dan, I attach to this style I created for vArranger2. If you try to play the "Var A" riff with C Maj, C# Maj, D Maj, Eb Maj, the track "Guitar Muted1" sounds ok, if you hear E Maj, F Maj, F # May ... B May, Track sounds badly! You can check?

Dan

1) How did you create this style ?
2) Can you try it on a Ketron synth, to see if it is doing the same?
3) Can you try to change the option between CLOSE and PARALLEL on this track to see if it is better

DjTony1981

Hi, i've created it with Style Works, there's something wrong? I can't operate with the option CLOSE and PARALLEL, it would be nice if vArranger could change the styles.. :D

Dan

Try to save your style as Yamaha style and not ketron style.
You may have more chance as Yamaha handle the notes outside the scale differently

DjTony1981

I've converted this style to Yamaha format, i've used a external program to handle style format (CASM editor), then i've reconverted it to Ketron. Now vArranger play "Muted Guitar" track well. So it's a pity make all this steps, it will be better edit the Ketron styles directly from vArranger...

Dan

Why not using Yamaha style directly in vArranger?

DjTony1981

I've buyed a SD1000..playng Ketron styles is more indicated for this module..

Dan

DjTony1981

But creating Yamaha style is a bit expensive than Ketron styles.. :)

Dan

I thought that StyleWorks can create any style format the same way

agaton

Why only StyleWorks ??? It's many good Style editors
for Yamaha Style format on the market, also free !!!

Dan

Agaton, what do you suggest to create / edit yamaha styles ?

agaton

The best to time is "StyleMagic YA" !!! Than
"Style Maker" (free) with XG Works as detail
external Editor (started from Style Maker, not
stand alone) and only, but only as Style Editor
old OMB 10 (very, very bad as arranger).

claudio

Hello,

To create your own style, you can use Midi2style very easy to use and free  :)

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/midi2style/index.htm

Regards.

DjTony1981

Hi Dan, there's another style problem..At the ARR2 and ARR3 tracks, when i play FILL1-2-3-BREAK riffs, vArranger automatically sets "GRAND PIANO" sound, but there isn't any program change messages in track..Please check it.. ???

Dan

You are right. This is a very rare bug with ketron styles that has more fill ins than variations recorded.
I ve just corrected it and sent you new version to test

DjTony1981

Now work..there's another question, if it's possible to realize..When vArranger does not find any notes in a riff can it hide the relative key? For example, if I only create 2 fills, the other 2 (type FILL3 and BREAK) remain visible but have no notes in their parts.
Thanks you.

Dan

If there is no NOTE ON, the section should be hidden. Isn't it?

DjTony1981

Dan

DjTony1981

Sure? Try to delete a fill from my styles MILLEGIO.PAT with Style Works, vArranger will show relative FILL button.. ???

Dan

DjTony1981

DOH! I'll attach an example of style here when go back to home..

DjTony1981

Hi Dan, here is the style I told you, in FILL3 and BREAK there aren't NOTE ON but vArranger displays the same two buttons. Depends on what?

Dan

Just sent you an update for you to try

DjTony1981

Ok, thank you for your support Dan! Now works fine!

A little request: If I create a style KETRON with only 2 variations and 2 fills, can i make sure that when VAR 1 is played and FILL 2 is pressed (with the "AUTO" key active), vArranger after playing FILL 2 positions on VAR 2? The same applies if SOUND VAR 2 and pressing FILL 1, vArranger sounds FILL 1 and then VAR 1. It would be great if you would give the user the choice of how the FILLS should behave .. I hope not to bother you..  ;)

DjTony1981

Dan, i'm trying to play some Roland style, and also for this style format there's a "octave note limits playing" for riffs as INTROS and ENDINGS..
Please, remove this useless "note limit" in vA2 for all styles format except for Yamaha styles format (that support it).
Thanks you..

Dan

You can send me one style, and I will try it on my Roland keyboard, to see if it is different.

Dan

DjTony1981

Dan, I can't find the Roland style to be examined now, try this style downloaded from the Ketron Style Download section by this forum. Look at the BASS line .. I hope you can find the bug at last .. Or fix this problem finally..

DjTony1981

Other 2 Roland styles to examinate BASS track..

Cmaj,C#maj,Dmaj,D#maj,Amaj,A#maj,Bmaj bass plays note in one octave (wrong), Emaj,Fmaj,F#maj,Gmaj,G#maj bass plays octave up and down (right)..

So, this is a significant bug..