News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger style mixer / creator

Started by bluebeat, February 20, 2017, 06:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Hi Everyone!
I have used some of earlier Yamaha sequencers such as QY70 and QY100. What I trully loved about these is the fact that you can mix styles (and parts of the styles) and audition them on the fly. Separate lines of styles were interchangeable with others. There was an option creating a whole new "user" style from any parts of other styles on board of QY sequencer in the matter of minutes.

Long story short... I was wondering how many people would like to have style editor/creator within vArranger? I believe it would be fair to make this as an optional, paid update. I would gladly pay 50 to 100 euro for an update like this. Not sure how Dan feels about this, but I thought I would ask users what they think about it and maybe it will convince Dan to make style editor in the future?  ;)

Best regards,
Mike.

BjayG

Hi,

Good idea - but I think it should be part of the standard setup - not a separate charge - otherwise you will open a pandora box.  I think Dan has mentioned in the past doing something like this - so it will already probably be on his list.

However, the reality is that Dan does not have an infinite amount of time - and there other more important things to be done.

Barry

bluebeat

BjayG,
I do not agree with you on the standard update. To program a style editor, I would imagine will take a very long time,  because ideally the "dream" style mixer would allow to use different parts of styles created for different keyboards/sequencers. Example would be Bass line  from Roland style and Wind instrument line from Yamaha style.
I can see Dan doing improvements to the program through the time. (I finally was able to afford to buy vArranger), but more or less it is a complete stand alone program.   I believe, majority of people who use it are working with styles and I see no better (stronger) tool in future of vArranger other than style editor. Making it as a separate plugin would make sense, as some people would not need it at all. I am all in for modular purchases. That would probably give Dan initiative to invest time to make great things for vArranger. For example, vArranger has "Song Chord" menu, I wish it was more elaborate, similar to a Windows program called ChordPulse, but I understand that it would take quite a few hours to do something similar so as one saying goes: You get what you get and you do not get upset :)