News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Soundstation by Neo - new virtual instruments.

Started by lakere, February 03, 2017, 03:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakere

Recently I purchased a virtual instrument library for Kontakt. It is called Soundstation by Neo. Just all the sounds in the library are excellent for live performance The whole thing is only 3.3 GB, and I can load up the whole library and play all the instruments like a hardware module.
I thought Soundstation would be a perfect companion to vA2. 
http://neo-soundstation.com/

Pekilik

On which way you load all instruments from library in Kontakt 5, are you load in instruments banks(for all 16 ch.) or on some different way?

lakere

I created banks for two different setups  The first with a single midi channel.  The second for multiple channels.   Either way, it worked well.   

lanoe

Just bought this (it was in promo for only $ 30) and I can confirm that the sounds are very good. Thank you lakere for your recommendation. I have been looking for this (lightweight, good sound, load everything at once) for a long time.
Recommended.

Lylo

Quote from: lakere on February 04, 2017, 03:31:19 AM
I created banks for two different setups  The first with a single midi channel.  The second for multiple channels.   Either way, it worked well.

And how have you use it ?

Stkeys

Looks like you need the full version of NI Kontakt v5.5.1  for Neo Soundstation to work.

lakere

Yes, that's true, but I'll say the full version of Kontakt or NI Komplete is worth it.   

bluebeat

lakere, thank you for the share! Nice find. Bought it. For $30 it is a interesting set. Some very usable instruments. It works well for individual instruments and layers. In my opinion, on average sound quality is better than 30gb library that came with Kontakt 5(full). There is a very respectable audio tech person on KVR: evildragon, who also spoke well about this library.

It relates to VST sounds, so I will post this here too.  It is quite complex to make a single bank for playback of all styles in VST libraries such as Neo or similar and still there is is always tweaking involved.
I asked in another thread (and Dan personally), that by my great surprise was not replied to by members of this forum.... The idea was that... to be able to save VST states with songs and NOT load each VST save state separately. Since all the features are available already, it should not be difficult at all to make this.

Open song-all VST(s) states are loaded for that specific song. Instead of opening settings in 2-3 or more places....  Any thoughts?

Lylo

For the moment, if you want use Kontakt with program changes, you must make some "instrument bank" and save Kontakt in "full startup".

bluebeat

Hi Lylo!
I assume  you are replying to my question... Yes, I understand that I can create a bank, BUT there is always tweaking involved almost with any style. It would be very convenient to save/open "Song" (style) with VST states for that particular project instead of saving individual presets and then opening them individually.... Am I wrong on this?

Lylo

I'm not sure to understand your answer. If you create some instrument banque you have a sound module as vAsynth or external expandeur. You have a limit for this use, it's the memory, if you make a gm bank and open any instrument bank for any channel the instrument bank are multiplicates.

Your solution is better but we will be patient because Dan work on this feature from a long time and the work is very difficult to find the best way.

bluebeat

What I am asking for should not be difficult at all, because scripts for these functions are there already in VA (save VST state), just cross link to the state saves/loads when saving a song among other parameters that are already there. I am surprised that no one  talked about this.

Lylo

No, it's isn't simple as you think because a vsti can be use on any channel, some vsti are multitimbral and use her own program-changes and many channel. And the difficult is to swicth between songs, with automation you have to much data in a short time... so for find the best solution it's difficult.

Actualy the best way is use program-change with vsti who can do it and Patchwork from Blue Cat Audio or VIP from Akai for the vsti with no program change (because they encapsulate the plugins and work with Pch). It work well but not at the fly.

bluebeat

Lylo,
I do not believe average user of VA uses more than 2-3 VST at a time...
Dans VST save/load work ok on states such as Kontakt or Sampletank, I am just proposing having an "optional" checkmark on "save song" to batch process VST when opening song...
If you do not save it with song / it would not load...
I believe it is logical and should not be hard to do as most scripts are already written. See attached.

akyelken

Quote from: bluebeat on January 15, 2018, 10:38:10 PM
Lylo,
Dans VST save/load work ok on states such as Kontakt or Sampletank, I am just proposing having an "optional" checkmark on "save song" to batch process VST when opening song...
I believe it is logical and should not be hard to do as most scripts are already written. See attached.

This feature is not in mine

lakere

Lylo,
Lylo,
It would be great if Dan makes a comment on this, or even better if he would implement the feature. 

bluebeat

Thank you lakere, I thought I was talking to myself   :)

Lylo

Lylo,

Sorry but I don't understand what you want so.
You want load and unload the vsti by song ? 

bluebeat

Optional "save VST" states on "save song" menu.

If you save VST states (with SONG SAVE) = song loads VST states when opening that particular song (so you do not search separate states and load them separately for that particular project)

If you do not save = They do not load

AuToMaTiOn :)

P.S. Functions for the VSTs that are there now, do not have to be changed at all, except for scaling which Dan started to work on, but did not complete...

Would appreciate if Dan can reply, if VST states "save" functions could be added to song save, for batch loading on song open.

Lylo

Yes I understand now and my answer is a little bit the same.
Dan work for make some patchs usable as the patch in sf2, your idea is good but I think it's not possible for Dan to install this feature if he work on a another way for the result.

Edit : but you are right, it better if Dan reply to your question.

bluebeat

It should be possible without any issues as it can be done in batch automation, not touching (altering) the functions that are available now.
What surprises me is that Dan, who is reading this forum can not reply to this...