News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

DRUM MIXER PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10

Started by jbg31792, January 28, 2017, 11:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

With my new laptop running Windows 10 the DRUM MIXER individual volume levels are not controlling the volume levels of the kick, snare, hi hat, cymbal, Tom etc. And some of the drum mixer notes keep sounding even when all of the volume levels are set to 0. For example, the hi hat keeps sounding even when the drum mixer hi Hat volume is at 0. Another example, when I play the PIANO BALLAD style with the Windows 10 the snare is playing at the 127 volume level even though the volume level of the snare in the drum mixer is set to 0. The only way to lower the volume of the snare is to turn the master drum slider down on the vArranger screen. And it's not all of the drum mixer volumes that are affected, but just one. And with one style it might be the snare, and with another style it could be the Tom.
But when I play the same styles using my MacBook Pro running Windows 7, I have never experienced this problem before. It's just with Windows 10.
Thanks for your help,

John

Dan

jbg31792

I'm using the SD2 with both the Windows 7 on the MacBook Pro 13.3", and Windows 10 on the  HP Pavilion 15.6"

John

Dan

Go on OPTIONS / MIDIPORTS, and check if your MIDI OUT is still in KETRON SD2 mode and not GM2 mode

jbg31792

The midi out was set to SD 2.

But what's interesting is that yesterday I was experimenting with trying different midi out modes with Windows 10: GM, GS, GM2 etc. while using the vArranger synth. Mode. And when I set up the Ketron SD2 tonight with the Windows 10, I had forgotten to switch back to the SD 2 mode in vArranger. And without exiting the vArranger, I switched from the GM to the Sd 2 and somehow that must have triggered something because voila, the vArranger's DRUM MIXER was now allowing me to control the vol levels of the drum instruments that before had not responded to the individual drum volume controls.

I hope this isn't premature to say everything is now ok, but I will post again after I'm sure that the drum mixer in vArranger is functioning in Windows 10 the way it was with Windows 7.

Thanks Dan

John