News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

GEM Keyboard styles compatibility

Started by DjTony1981, January 16, 2017, 12:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjTony1981

Hi to everyone, i'm Tony and i'm a new happy owner of this extraordinary software. So, my question is: it will be possible to have compatibility with the styles of the GEM (Generalmusic) keyboard in the future ?
Thank you very much.

Dan

Why not...  We are adding Technics now...
But are they good styles? Not sure if it is interesting

DjTony1981

In Italy the GEM keyboards has been widely used in the piano bar, the series WS/WX and WK2/3/4/8/GENESYS is very equipped with styles programmed by professional musicians experts. I believe there would be a good reception in this regard if it were implemented compatibility.

Dan

If you have few styles of each series, I can take a look at it, if the format is easy to read, or complex

DjTony1981

Can you ask how convert this styles to EMC team?However,at the moment i've found some styles from GEM WX2 at this link:

http://www.ms-cd.com/gem-wx2-wx400.html

Next i'll find some style from other model soon.

DjTony1981

Some GEM WS styles :

http://www.deepsonic.ch/deep/htm/gem_ws2ii_keyboard.php

The WS drumkit aren't MIDI compatible, so you can find exactly correspondence on internet.

Dan

WK2 files you sent seems 'easy' to read. But not sure it worth the time and the effort, until we are sure that we can find tons of good quality styles available for the vArranger users

All what I see now are very old styles made for oriental gem keyboards

It's like Casio styles... I can do it to... but not have seen so much good styles available

Lylo

Five format of styles, it's not enought ?

Dan

Dan

It is never enough :)
But it's a question of , if this can add more good music to play

DjTony1981

I'm a GEM WX2 and WK2HD owner, the WK2HD now is abandoned into my wardrobe . I'll can save all internal HD and ROM Styles and i'll can post they here. Same as my styles collection of WX2. Then I suppose that some of WK8 user can post something here.

magali

8) I am working on GEM Styles ,spécially the Génesys Keyboard . I have extract all the origin styles and  a few more .
    For now , i have translate génésys styles in Roland format because VA does not work with Gem. Translation are not as good as originals styles .Perhaps it will be better in other formats ? ,i want see that this month.
    I also will made  the sound bank for Génésys ,It is hard because Style works XT change the (Drums)mapping  when we translate in other format
  The better way for GEM is the same that other formats .... It is not Dan ? ;D ;D :) :)

Dan

haweneu

Hi all,
i use VA2 more than 2 years and found more than 50000 free styles from Roland, Korg, Ketron and yamaha (also many title related styles).

I think my priority is first to make VA2 function like a top today keyboard (tyros or korg pa4 or ketron sd9) and therefore we must set priority at save and load effects of the sound generator ( for me Ketron SD1000)!
Without this function VA2 cannot replace a top keyboard!

Dan please finish first this very important function!

Dan

YES ! Fore sure before adding GEM styles :)

Mercek

how to translate gem wk8 rhythm gem sk76