News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

For Dan - Questions about Varranger

Started by Deane, May 02, 2011, 03:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Dan,
I am seriously looking at your Varrager but have a few questions.
First, I am an Arranger style of keyboard player and must be able to
"split" the keyboard into at least two sections - one for accomp and the other
for solo or lead voices.  Is that possible?

Also, I am very interested in having access to both the ketron and the Tyros 3 and 4 styles.
How does that work with Varranger?

I use a Mac Book Pro laptop which is one year old now.  I realize I must run Windows on my Mac Book Pro to run Varranger.  Can you explain how you run your cables from the laptop to your speakers?  I often use two Bose L1 Compact speakers on my gigs and always use at least one of the Bose L1 Compacts. 

For styles which normally have 4 variations and OTS voices on a Ketron or Yamaha keyboard - do they work the same way on Varranger?

Thanks in advance,
Deane

Dan

Welcome Deane,

vArranger is working as any Keyboard arranger, with a SPLIT.
Left hand to play the chords of the accomp, and the Right hand to play the melody.

vArranger can load Ketron and Yamaha styles up to the Tyros 4.

You need to install Windows on your MacBookPro, like I did.

You told me you already have a Roland A800Pro master Keyboard

If you are not an advanced midi/computer user and want to get amazing sounds right out of the box, my today advice is to buy the KETRON SD2 midi sound module.

Here is how to run the cables :

- Plug your MIDI Keyboard to the computer with the USB cable.
- On the Roland A800Pro, there is an integrated MIDI/USB interface. So, plug a midi cable from the A800 Midi OUT to the KETRON SD2 MIDI IN.
- Plug the Ketron SD2 2 RCA OUTS to your BOSE L1 Mixer.

It's DONE.

On vArranger, you can save 10 'OTS' with each styles. The first 4, can be linked to the 4 style's variations.

Let me know if you need more informations

Dan

Lylo

I play vArranger ->Sd2 -> vsti and all my sounds pass thru  a table of mixing Alesis for going in a L1 Compact.
It's very nice.