News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Question for Dan

Started by Deane, November 23, 2016, 10:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

I gig multiple times weekly and have always had a "backup plan" in place should my main keyboard decide not to work during a live gig.  With vArranger I use a Ketron SD2 sound module.  I have also been experimenting with your synth system and found it to be very good.  My question is:  How do I setup vArranger using the synth instead of the SD2 and not destroy or ruin my gig setups with the SD2? 

Basically what I have found is after I experimented with the synth and then went back to use the SD2 there were song setups in which the RH voices had been replaced or were missing.   Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks,
Deane

v.muller

Simply copy whole your vArranger directory to the other place.

Or backup the vArranger2.ini

Lylo

Yes, on my setup I have vArranger in 1.17 version and Beta version, I must reinstall the vAsynth before use each version, that's all. With the same version you can replace the vArranger.ini as v.muller said.

Dan

I will try to see if I can add the SD2 multis for the users of the Soundbanks

Deane

Thanks folks, I think I understand.  So I need to copy all of vArranger to another folder and have two copies of it on my laptop.  One I would use with the synth and the other I would use with the SD2.  Is that correct?

Thanks,
Deane

magali

Deane

Thanks Guys - really appreciated.  I totally messed up a several years work when I tried the synth version without making any backups - my bad.  I have just about got all my song setups back again but I liked the synth sounds and now I know how to have both ways of using vArranger without messing up things again.

Deane