News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

SD1000 effects - how can I use it inside vArranger?

Started by slaveofword, October 13, 2016, 01:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slaveofword

How can I use the SD1000 effects within vA?

It is in an attachment

haweneu

Hi,
if you load a new song VA2 does nothing with the effect settings inside SD1000.
So it  could be that you hear an effect from a prior loaded song, that played for example at right1 an distored hammond organ. If you then load a new song and play on right1 for example a flute, the flute is distored!

So my tip:
Before load a new song click on "Reset All" in the effect settings. This clears all effects.

Then select the dsp ( we can use 2 effect dsp named DSP1 and DSP2) and track (1-16) for your new effect and then the effecttype.
For example DSP1 should make a Delay for Track Right1. The tracks are numbered from left to right beginning with 1. So Right1 is track number 12!
Then you must click in the upper left raw at "send track to dsp1" at "12-R1".
Now click on "8-Delay" button "On" and if you then play a sound on right1 you can hear the delay. Play with the knobs for delay!

If you want a global reverb for all tracks, turn a little bit at knob "9-output" "reverb send" and adjust the reverb level with this or knob "master" "reverb".

slaveofword

slaveofword

greetings to all.
Question-is it possible to assign the effects of management on an external MIDI controller? ie, knobs, I will be controlled by an external MIDI controller.

jolon28

+1, That should be great.
For example, on organ sounds, we would be able to switch between slow and fast rotary effects during a live performance.

haweneu

Hi,
direct inside VA2 i dont know! That must know only Dan!

But if your SD1000 ist connected with USB, you have a second MIDI Input at the SD1000!

At this input you can send some MIDI command for change effects!

For example look inside the SD1000 manual. Inside the MIDI implementation you find the MIDI codes to control the effects!

slaveofword

Quote from: haweneu on October 18, 2016, 10:02:43 AM
Hi,
direct inside VA2 i dont know! That must know only Dan!

But if your SD1000 ist connected with USB, you have a second MIDI Input at the SD1000!

At this input you can send some MIDI command for change effects!

For example look inside the SD1000 manual. Inside the MIDI implementation you find the MIDI codes to control the effects!

hello, haweneu. thanks for your reply.
But where can I control the effects? where there is a menu where I can program or control whether the effects?
Thanks.

haweneu

Hi,
there is no menu!

you must have a keyboard or foot pedal  with programmable Fader, button or rotary knob, that can send several MIDI commands to control the SD1000 midi Input. And you must read the MIDI implementation of the SD1000 inside the user manual.

Most midi command that you must use are NRPN parameters.

Example:
Mastervolume of the SD1000 is controlled with NRPN parameter MSB value 37 Hex and LSB Value 07 Hex.
This values are sent to the SD1000 with 3 MIDI Controlchanges.

MIDI Controler 99 sends the MSB, Controller 98 sends the LSB and Controller 6 sends the Mastervolumevalue.

So you must send
B0H 63H 37H
B0H 62H 07H
B0H 06H 40H
This sets the volume of the SD1000 to value 40H = 64 decimal = 50%

slaveofword

Hello!thanks for your reply!
I'll try it. I have edirol pcr300.is it good for programming? In my opinion-yes.am I right?

haweneu

Hi,
if you have VA2 from your Windows PC connected to the SD1000 with usb, you cannot use pcr300 for control SD1000 effect, because you must send the midi command to the SD1000 effects over the MIDI connector of the SD1000 and the pcr300 has no midi output!

slaveofword

Thanks for your reply!
But how can do it?sorry- I can't understand what will must I do.. :-\

haweneu

Hi,
please post here a drawing from your VA2 system.

What computer do you have?
What is your keyboard for playing VA2?
How is it connected to your pc (midi or usb)?
How is your pc connected to the SD 1000 (midi or usb)?

You can control the SD1000 with 2 input at the same time. One USB connector and one MIDI connector!
If VA2 controls generated sound with the USB connector then you can send additional MIDI commands at the midi  connector at the SD1000. And these MIDI commands then can control the effects inside SD1000 or also generate tones!
Very complex!

slaveofword

Hello, haweneu!
Thanks for you reply!
So, my setup is:

1. Laptop №1 HPProbook6570b & laptop №2 Lenovo G550 (oldest). when I use one of them - SD1000 is connected via usb to laptop (№1 or №2)
2. I play KORG SP300, which is connected via MIDI OUT MIDISONIC2x2. And MIDISONIC2x2 is connected to laptop by usb.
3.I can connect PCR300 by usb to laptop or midi out to SD1000 - but I have not tried it yet connected to the SD1000 to manage effects...

Quote from: haweneu on October 19, 2016, 09:06:10 PM
You can control the SD1000 with 2 input at the same time. One USB connector and one MIDI connector!
If VA2 controls generated sound with the USB connector then you can send additional MIDI commands at the midi  connector at the SD1000. And these MIDI commands then can control the effects inside SD1000 or also generate tones!
Very complex!

I'm not sure that can be simultaneously connected SD1000 by MIDI IN & USB. may be I'wrong....but photo has an attachment. Then show me the right answer
Thanks!

Dan, can you help us?
Maybe you can open the effects of management in vA?

haweneu

Hi,
i had no problem with USB and MIDI In at the same time!
With USB VA2 played a song and at the same time with MIDI IN i controlled the effects with a special program CTRLR (google for CTRLR MIDI and you find it). And on the same PC then you can control VA2 and with CTRLR generated menu also the effects inside SD1000!

slaveofword

Quote from: haweneu on October 20, 2016, 07:52:37 AM
Hi,
i had no problem with USB and MIDI In at the same time!
With USB VA2 played a song and at the same time with MIDI IN i controlled the effects with a special program CTRLR (google for CTRLR MIDI and you find it). And on the same PC then you can control VA2 and with CTRLR generated menu also the effects inside SD1000!

hi, thanks for answer!
but must i have the controller besides my master keyboard in my in my case?
I mean - I can play on SP300 and control effects inside SD1000 by PCR300. am I right or not?

haweneu

Hi,
Yes.

You play notes for VA2 with SP300

and with Knobs/Faders or buttons on PCR300 you control the SD1000 effects.

slaveofword

Thank you for your reply!
you as always on top !!! :D

p.s.you want to make a DIY key to the controller to control vA.
it's a good thing!
I still keep it in the project in mind. If it is not difficult - upload photos of your DIY. Thanks!

slaveofword

DAN, please tell us:

is it possible to do so, to manage SD1000 effects in real time from vA&?
it would have been beyond all expectations and dreams!
I need this so much!!!

Thanks for answer :)

marimba22

Please tell me, are the styles for sd1000 from varranger2 prepared as good as for sd2 ??? I have heard the varranger version 1.16 with sd2 on youtube, what about sd1000 and varranger version 1.17 ? How many styles are already excellent prepared at all???

slaveofword

Hello! I must say- I'm a new in the vA2.and bought SD1000 4 month ago.but- vA2 and SD1000 the best choice to hear perfect arrangment sound!! in my opinion- sounds from the SD1000 more beautiful then the SD2;-)

slaveofword

DAN, please tell us:

Thanks!

marimba22

Quote from: slaveofword on October 24, 2016, 05:26:06 AM
DAN, please tell us:

Thanks!

Please tell me about all the styles that You can download from this forum (ex. tyros 4,5, korg, roland etc.), are they already fully prepared to be played on sd1000 ???

slaveofword

Dan, we are still waiting your post. Please help us in this question!
Thanks!

slaveofword

haweneu, hello!
can you send me your project of the CTRLR Midi to manage effects of the SD1000, please?

slaveofword

Quote from: haweneu on October 19, 2016, 03:38:38 PM
Hi,
there is no menu!

you must have a keyboard or foot pedal  with programmable Fader, button or rotary knob, that can send several MIDI commands to control the SD1000 midi Input. And you must read the MIDI implementation of the SD1000 inside the user manual.

Most midi command that you must use are NRPN parameters.

Example:
Mastervolume of the SD1000 is controlled with NRPN parameter MSB value 37 Hex and LSB Value 07 Hex.
This values are sent to the SD1000 with 3 MIDI Controlchanges.

MIDI Controler 99 sends the MSB, Controller 98 sends the LSB and Controller 6 sends the Mastervolumevalue.

So you must send
B0H 63H 37H
B0H 62H 07H
B0H 06H 40H
This sets the volume of the SD1000 to value 40H = 64 decimal = 50%

I can't understand- where is it i can see or found???

haweneu

Hi,
look at this manual! This firmware manual is for the new soundchip SAM5716! But also is valid for SD1000.

http://www.dream.fr/pdf/Serie5000/Firmwares/Firm5716-EK.pdf

The SD1000 Manual is missing some MIDI parameters!

The soundchip inside the SD1000 (SAM3000 series) is from DREAM in France.

slaveofword

haweneu,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!
I try understand all of Ctrlr and SD1000 + vA2.

But anyway can you send me your project of the CTRLR Midi to manage effects of the SD1000, please?

best ragards

haweneu

Hi,
i have no full functional software!
That only was some small tests.
I think we must wait that dan completes the sd1000 effects!

slaveofword

Hello, thanks for answer!
Understand, but time run forward and we loose it :)
Why I ask you about Ctrlr project - I want to do more than I can, want to know someting new. And this is a good expirience with Ctrlr and SD1000.
If you can-  please send me your project. I'll be a thankfull :)

slaveofword

Hello. Dan!
Could you help users vA2 who use sd1000 add control of the effects sd1000 inside vA2???

Dan

I don't see the point of adding controllers for SD1000 effect screen?

haweneu

Hi Dan,
my opinion is an other!
The SD1000 Effectprocessor menue is complete unusable for the practicial use!

It takes too long time, for selecting and adjust a effect if you load a new song!

For example: a rotary knob selects some effecttypes with no effectnames! you dont know what you select!!!!

And the save and reload effect with a song is missing! That is a function that every keyboard today does!

VA2 is only a complete replacement of a typical keyboard, if also the effectsettings are saved and loaded with a song and if the effectprocessor of the soundgenerator (sd1000 and other) is complete supported with a clear menue!

Dan

Yes. I agree, I need to add the SAVE / RECALL for the SD1000 DSP, but not the controllers

jolon28

Quote from: haweneu on December 27, 2016, 10:00:01 AM
Hi Dan,

The SD1000 Effectprocessor menue is complete unusable for the practicial use!

It takes too long time, for selecting and adjust a effect if you load a new song!

For example: a rotary knob selects some effecttypes with no effectnames! you dont know what you select!!!!

And the save and reload effect with a song is missing! That is a function that every keyboard today does!

VA2 is only a complete replacement of a typical keyboard, if also the effectsettings are saved and loaded with a song and if the effectprocessor of the soundgenerator (sd1000 and other) is complete supported with a clear menue!

I agree : What we presently have in VA2 is OK to test and experiment the effects of the SD1000 but we can't use this in our songs. I have to say, also, that is better than nothing at all ! ;)
An alternative to explore is to get access to the SD100 presets. For example, for the section Chorus/Flanger/Phasing/rotary we have 23 presets. It could be an alternative and, starting with these presets we could adjust the effects in detail and use the function save/recall with the songs. It would be really a GREAT feature for VArranger.

slaveofword

Hello, everybody!
Dan thanks for answer!
I agree with Haweneu too. It will be the best to have something then to do nothing...I hope you can help all users in this question.
Thanks! God bless your in yor job!
Regards

haweneu

Hi Dan,
good news! But what do you mean with "not controllers"?
The effect DSP EFX1,2 has many control knobs for example "reverb volume".

Igor Electronician

Hi!
Why not work with controllers? Control knobs in vA2 exist, for example: in master section, instruments for right hand and choose the effects and their presets is not possible. These "baubles" are made only for the sake of design, decoration interface? )))

slaveofword

Hello!
Yes, Haweneu and Igor are right. We cant choose presents of the effect in the right hand section menu. And it will be a good solution add control for effectparameters of the sd1000 inside vA2. I hope will it be possible to do?
Thanks. Best regards

slaveofword

Dan and everybody, hello!
Please, help me manage effects of the SD1000 inside vA2!!!!
I can't understand-how can I manage it??
Thanks!!!!

slaveofword

Hello!
I want ask yet and yet about control of the sd1000. Is it possible ? Yes or not?
I wrote style in Sonar, and i have use distortion guitar in the accompaniment 5. But if i change style i can hear previous effect in accomp5!!!! And these effect  is also in the Right instrument 4!!!! To disconnect effect i must go to the menu effect and cancel all effect in the sd1000 or must reload sd1000(switch off, then switch on)
I also tired to understand-how can i control sd1000 effects in the va2?

Dan, i hope you can understand and help us. Thanks
Best regards

haweneu

Hi,

in the moment effects control for the SD1000 is not full implemented in VA2!
Dan has promised to integrate it full with save and load with new song!
I hope he can do this very soon!

And the effects menue in VA2 is very unpractical to use!

If you load a new song for example the effects in the SD1000 stay from the previous loaded song!
So before load a new song you must "Reset all effect" in the effect menue and the adjust the effects with the effects menue for the new song!

maramb

Hi Folks

This post is very old, but thanks this forum I can read more info about SD1000. I'm not a varranger's user, but I play a SD1000 with my DIY midi keyboard, my question is, how can I insert a rotary speaker ?
1) what is NRPN for SEND TRACK 1 TO DSP1
2) what is NRPN for enable ROTARY
DO I need send other NRPN ?

Thank you so much.