News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Soundbank memory size using VSMP not SF2 files

Started by harcon01, September 19, 2016, 02:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harcon01

Hi
I purchased the four sound banks and they work well particularly matching the style (Korg/Tyros etc) I now feel confident to remove the SD 2 and mostly get the right sound match. Great feature!

However the problem I am having is that because of the memory size (4gb) on my system I am not able to load all four banks together. Unfortunately because of the file structure (.VSMPL and not SF2) you cannot edit the bank number and therefore you have to load all or nothing. Dan has advised that he is working on a future feature that not all will load on start-up. Also a current workaround is to use a SF2 file with low size (say 2kb) with the same banks/preset number to free up memory. However I am finding this method very time consuming to implement.

Given that each sound bank (Korg/Tyros/SD2) has several VSMP files is there a breakdown of what sounds are contained in each file.  For instances SD2 soundbank has the three banks plus drums & grooves which hopefully matches the specifications. BK7 is similar, however the Tryos soundbank the largest of the banks ( 1.2gb) is very difficult to work out. 

Having this layout of what sounds are in each of the VSMP files may assist to be selective of which VSMP file I load as an interim measure.

I would be interested to know how others are working with these VSMP files and the memory size problems. 

Paul       

Dan

Lylo

QuoteAlso a current workaround is to use a SF2 file with low size (say 2kb) with the same banks/preset number to free up memory. However I am finding this method very time consuming to implement.

It's a good idea, perhaps we can create the files with several customers ?

stewbow

I also bought the Soundbanks and agree that they sound really good, but the load up time is too long, and it does show a message at some time saying that there isn't enough room.  i've also experienced a few system crashes.
I know it sounds vague, The next time I switch the system on I'll record more details.

Stuart

cirerenrut

I have the 4 sound banks and the loading time including vst is 55 seconds. Once the main screen is on I have no further problems of any kind but I have 22GB of memory, perhaps this helps in some way.
Eric

Lylo

On stage, if issue, 55s is an eternity to restart vA.