News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

TouchOSC

Started by slaveofword, September 03, 2016, 06:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slaveofword

Hello,everybody!
In my opinion it will be great idea to put in this topic all about TouchOSC (discosions,layouts &etc).
I use TouchOSC.and want to say-this is good solution to save money and take control of the vA by  the Android device.
You are welcome! Regards

slaveofword

Hello!
the attachment is my layout (TouchOSC) for 10 inch tablet. it took me a long time. and the layout is still under development.
Who needs - use your health!

Enjoy!

Lagoise

I use an iPad to surf on this website but I have a android mobile right now  without touchosc

Is it a picture or the parameter of your touchscreen layout?
Are you connected by wifi or Bluetooth?

Dan

Very interesting project.
Keep updating your layout here :)
Maybe I will implement direct OSC support in vArranger, but the TouchOSC author does not answer me to my questions
Do you get led feedback on all buttons?

slaveofword

Hello, everybody!

Dan, the feedback I get from almost all buttons.

Lagoise, I connected Android tablet to a computer with windows 7 on wi-fi.

I hope that answered your questions :)  - if not, ask, try to answer.

Regards

Dan

slaveofword

Hello!
Thanks for the reply, Dan!
It seems to me that TouchOSC more easy to use, but it paid.
Everyone see that it is better :)
Good luck

Dan

Wow... TouchOSC author never give me answer to contact email !
DAWOSC author answered to me immediately. So...
I will probably add DAWOSC support in vArranger soon.....

My dream is to be able to see the sounds and songs displayed on the android screen, and not only 1 2 3 4 5 6...

slaveofword

Hello, Dan!
What did you mean:

Quote from: Dan on October 10, 2016, 06:36:07 PM
My dream is to be able to see the sounds and songs displayed on the android screen, and not only 1 2 3 4 5 6...
?

Dan

imagine in your android screen, you have the title of your sounds and songs to select...

slaveofword

Interesting - we make it possible DAWOSC ?? where it is said about this?
I mean: when you select the songs and sounds in vA- I'll see their name in DAWOSC? Do I get it right?

Dan

I have not tested it yet, but the label or button has an option to "display the OSC value that it receive".
So if vArranger sends this value to the DAWOSC, maybe it will display it

slaveofword

Quote from: Dan on October 11, 2016, 11:30:10 AM
I have not tested it yet, but the label or button has an option to "display the OSC value that it receive".
So if vArranger sends this value to the DAWOSC, maybe it will display it
vA can send song titles and tools ?? is this possible?

claudio

DAWOSC does not support Android 4.2 !  ;)

Dan

It is not possible with MIDI. Maybe with SYSEX...
But I will try to do it with OSC / DAWOSC

I see DAWOSC is compatible with Android 2.1

Dan

And is working with my Android 7.0 phone :)

slaveofword

Hi, Dan!
Here is my update of the layout

slaveofword

Hello, Dan!
Could you tell us about news in this question? Do you have a new things ? Thanks!!!

slaveofword

Hello!
Could somebody help me?

tell me, how can I assign a pushing force to the touchOSC layout? this is so that the Velocity parameter would be different when playing notes.
thanks for the answer!

please see attachment

haweneu

Hi,
TouchOsc cannot measure the Push Force  or Velocity on Touchscreen. So you cannot send different  Note On Velocities!

Best regards
Werner

slaveofword

musicmaker84

I personally could not wrap my head around TouchOSC and purchased a data cable for my iPad. Together with the app Duet I can use my iPad in extended screen mode with vArranger. It behaves as if vArranger ran natively on the iPad. Highly recommended.

Rakshitar

Hi,
TouchOSC (IOS both iPhone&iPad TouchOSC templates, controller settings migrated from v.1.18), previously worked with version 1.18, now wont work with v.1.19. (but LED feedback is visible anyway, OSC check mark is present)
Can anybody check TouchOSC compatibility with v.1.19?
Sorry, the issue has been solved, TouchOSC Bridge from time to time (vArranger2 as well) is beeng hung in processes. Solved by killing the process.

garciarob

Hi all,
I read this old topic about touch osc and I'm loving it. It's really good to change sounds from smartphone as a cheap "extended" midi controller.

garciarob

Quote from: slaveofword on November 11, 2016, 07:00:44 AM
Hi, Dan!
Here is my update of the layout

Hi, just a curiosity.

If a set the button to activate/disactivate a track (for example the button of L1 or drum) I can "activate" the track but I cannot disactivate it.

does it work for you?

slaveofword

Hello.
Must check,  but I'm so busy in my job.  I will try to it asap and will let you know.
BR,
Andrew

garciarob

Thanks a lot Andrew.