News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Reset MIDI between styles?

Started by cmpessoa, September 02, 2016, 08:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpessoa

I am being trying several Sf2 and modules with vA2. I notice that, many times, when starting a new style, sounds are completely messed up and I need to reset MIDI to get them right.
I am now using the Ketron SD2 and I notice that often. Specially when switching between styles from different formats like from a yamaha style to a roland style, for example.
Is there any solution for this? Dan?

Dan

It should not.
What is your usb / midi interface?

Pekilik

Sometimes it is the problem, especially if you use for example Kontakt 5 VST, and if you have two different styles with same level for one track but
different instrument(pcg), vA2 will not reset CC7 control if you change style and second Kontakt 5 instrument will hold old default level
because not receive CC7 control for new style, and it happens that level will be very high or very low...

This "optimization" not exist on any hardware arranger because it is not useful in this case, and can be very bad for style functioning
for that reason(uncontrolled instrument level)...

Every hardware arranger reset all controls for style when player change style from first to second style
it is the "standard" for all hardware arrangers, and it must be for software arrangers too...
and software developer must make optimization for his software on some other place, not for reset controls for style... ;)

Dan

He said he is using a SD2 and not kontakt vst, so that's why I am asking the USB/midi converter brand. Maybe some midi messages are lost by a cheap interface.

Pekilik

Yes, I understand why You ask that, but my suggestion applies for all sound engines, and if You remember I wrote you about that in the past,
very much vA2 users used Kontakt 5 instruments in a instruments banks for styles used in vA2
it would be good to have at least one mod in vA2 where can be only maybe (reset level and pan) or you can give as two custom controls for ini file,
and I think that this not make your software  unstable (only level and pan)... ;)

cmpessoa

Pekilik, please stop messing up my thread! I want to keep it simple and focused on the subject I started it for. You can start your own threads instead of diverting this one.

Dan, sorry the delay. I was convinced that I would be automatically notified of replies but was not.

I am using the SD2 connected through a Roland UM2 MIDI interface. The interface is in advanced mode. My Windows is version 10.

Dan

Is it Roland UM-2 or UM-2G, as the Roland UM2 does not have drivers for Windows 10 ?

Can you post a screenshot of your OPTIONS / MIDI PORTS screen ?

Can you try to reproduce the problem and describe how you do it.  eg load this style 1, then load this style 2...  So I will try to o the same as you here?

cmpessoa

Roland UM-2G.
PrintScreen atatched.

Later, I will give examples.

Dan

Seems OK.

So if you can post 2 styles that when you go from first to second it is bad, I will try it with my SD2