News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Drum mapping, for example Tyros 4

Started by TechnicsKN7000, June 02, 2016, 02:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechnicsKN7000

Hi Dan,

I'll use Tyros 4 Styles as an example and talk in broad terms, we can go into more detail with an individual style if you like. The principle applies to most Yamaha styles.

The Yamaha styles apply various drum kits. Notes in the drum kit trigger different drum instruments (I realise that you know this!). So, to play back correctly the drums in some kits have to be re-mapped to trigger the correct drum instruments. The mapping for the kits is documented in the reference guide for each instrument. Right now, for many styles they trigger incorrect drum instruments.

Is it possible to remap the drums within vArranger? I can continue to build User Kits for my instrument, however, this is beyond many players so if remapping could be done within vArranger it would be a huge benefit to owners, based on the fact that it only has to be done once centrally rather than each player having to build drumkits. This would mean that when a Style calls for a particular drumkit, vArranger woudl 'know' which GM drum instruments to trigger.

If you want some detailed examples I'll do the research and provide them in order for you to understand more clearly.

Best wishes,
Mike

Dan

If you select the vArranger GM2 mode in the OPTIONS / MIDI PORTS

You will see that vArranger already tries to remap the drums.

If you think that some remapping are not optimal, you can submit me your suggestions with the styles, and I will check it and integrate it for everyone

TechnicsKN7000

Great, I've spotted a few. These were ones I previously had issues with in Styleworks so they drew my attention. I'll get back to you, thanks.

Selinita

Hi All,

I would like the ability to use my own custom drum map so I'm not tied down to any particular style or tone generator - from what I can see (and I'm new at this so correct me if I'm wrong) the DRUM EDITOR doesn't allow remapping of drum sounds on-the-fly at least I've tried! See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU-JClWUBQw

Selinita