Please add Navigation (TrackSelect) Controllers Left1,2,3 Right1,2,3,4 2nd Voice

Started by momboc, June 02, 2016, 07:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momboc

Hello Dan,

First post to the Forum.

**** Can you add extra controller Numbers/Functions under the Options/Controllers/Navigation section for each of Left 1,2,3 Right 1,2,3,4 & 2nd Voice - so that I can assign a hardware button for each one that directly selects and highlights the respective track in the Left/Right mixer section*****

I am using vArranger and I like it a lot, particularly combined with my Novation Zero SL Mkii. It is working very well with the LED feedback.

I am using the slide faders to control the track volumes for Left 1,2 & 3 and Right 1,2,3,4 & 2nd Voice.  The first row of buttons under the faders are being used to select Track On/Off so that I can layer sounds. The buttons are showing Left1 On (under the first fader) and Right1 On (under the fourth fader).

I want to use the bottom row of buttons to directly select each Track/Part (Left 1,2,3 or Right 1,2,3,4 & 2nd Voice) so that I can then assign sounds to that particular track.

I have tried to do this using the Options/Controllers function. However there are only controllers for 'Track Select Right' and 'Track Select Left' (these work OK but they select the Right and Left virtual faders over in the Master Fader section - not the Right1 or Left1 Track in the Left/Right mixer section)

Can you add extra controllers under the Navigation section for selecting Left 1,2,3 Right 1,2,3,4 & 2nd Voice so that I can assign a button for each one that directly selects and highlights the respective track in the Left/Right mixer section?

At the moment I have to try and find the mouse and click on the desired Track to select/highlight it.  Once the Track is selected I can then use other buttons to select the desired sound for that Track.

This would then emulate the PART SELECT function on a Hardware Arranger as per the red boxed section on the Tyros5 below

Also there is no controller that allows me to switch between the Right, Left and Left/Right views in the 'My Sounds' section. Again I have to find the mouse and click on it to scroll through the My Sounds views.

It would be very useful that when I select Left1 or Right1, the My Sounds view automatically switches to display My Left or My Right Sounds. e.g. In the image below I have Left1 selected and My Sounds shows the Left Sounds view.

regards

Ian

slaveofword

Hello, everybody.
I agree with momboc:
**** Can you add extra controller Numbers/Functions under the Options/Controllers/Navigation section for each of Left 1,2,3 Right 1,2,3,4 & 2nd Voice - so that I can assign a hardware button for each one that directly selects and highlights the respective track in the Left/Right mixer section*****

Dan, but not only for Left 1,2,3 Right 1,2,3,4 & 2nd Voice - also can you add extra controller Numbers/Functions under the Options/Controllers/Navigation section for each track: drums, perc, bass and etc.? is it possible to do?

Thanks for you reply!

Dan

Hello,

I have added SELECT TRACK 1 to 16 in the Controllers screen.
You can now select every track with separate buttons and get the led feedback too. So you will be able to do like the Tyros, and more....

Sent this new version to momboc and slaveofword to test it.

slaveofword

Hello, Dan!!
I am very grateful for your quick response and solution to the problem !!!
everything works fine in TouchOSC. Many thanks!!!!
Regards,
God bless you.

haweneu

sweetbb

Hi Dan,

In the list of vArranger controllers, I don't see 16 buttons that allow me to directly select any one of the 16 tracks without the mouse.
I only see for each individual track, the following:  Track On/Off, Track Solo, and Track Volume.  But not Track Select.

When will this be available to everybody please? I only have a 7 inch screen in my organ, and it is much easier to use hardware buttons to do this task of track select as well please.

Brian.

Woge1000

Guten Morgen
Eine Frage: SELECT TRACK 1 bis 16 oder Track Select 1 bis 16 Ist das das gleiche???
Ich habe Track Select
Wolfgang

sweetbb

Guten Morgen Wolfgang.

Obwohl ich aus deutscher, britischer und duch Abstammung bin, spreche ich nur Afrikaans und Englisch und nicht Deutsch. Ich hoffe, dass Google Translate diesmal freundlich zu mir sein wird.

Die Version von vArranger, die ich habe, hat keine Spurauswahl für jede Spur. Ich habe nur "Track Volume", "Track Solo" und "Track On / Off". Ich hätte gerne "Track Select 1", bis "Track Select 16".

Brian.

sweetbb

Dan,

Perhaps you have done this already, and I just don't have the right version.

Can I please get the correct version that also has "Track Select 1", "Track Select 2", "Track Select 3", ..................... "Track Select 16", please.  Those will go as buttons on my Yamaha organ upgrade project.

So each channel will then have the following:

Track Select, Track On/Off, Track Solo, and Track Volume.

Dan

sweetbb

Dan,

I only see the following:

Navigation:   82   Track Select Dial
                   83   Track Select -
                   84   Track Select +
                   93   Track Select Right (hand)
                   94   Track Select Left (hand)

And then I also see this, for each track individually:

Mixer   64   Volume Track 1
           65   Volume Track 2
           66   Volume Track 3
           67   Volume Track 4
           68   Volume Track 5
           69   Volume Track 6
           70   Volume Track 7
           71   Volume Track 8
           72   Volume Track 9
           73   Volume Track 10
           74   Volume Track 11
             75   Volume Track 12
           76   Volume Track 13
           77   Volume Track 14
           78   Volume Track 15
           79   Volume Track 16
              212   Track 1 On / Off
              213   Track 2 On / Off
              214   Track 3 On / Off
              215   Track 4 On / Off
              216   Track 5 On / Off
              217   Track 6 On / Off
              218   Track 7 On / Off
              219   Track 8 On / Off
              220   Track 9 On / Off
              221   Track 10 On / Off
              222   Track 11 On / Off
              223   Track 12 On / Off
              224   Track 13 On / Off
              225   Track 14 On / Off
              226   Track 15 On / Off
              227   Track 16 On / Off
              298   Track 1 Solo
              299   Track 2 Solo
              300   Track 3 Solo
              301   Track 4 Solo
              302   Track 5 Solo
              303   Track 6 Solo
              304   Track 7 Solo
              305   Track 8 Solo
              306   Track 9 Solo
              307   Track 10 Solo
              308   Track 11 Solo
              309   Track 12 Solo
              310   Track 13 Solo
              311   Track 14 Solo
              312   Track 15 Solo
              313   Track 16 Solo

I want to be able to select the track with a button, and then select the sound I want for that track.

Dan

I just send you the latest version 1.18.02
it seems you are using an old version

sweetbb

Thank you Dan.  I'l lulpdate that list of midi controllers now too.

sweetbb

Hi Dan,

Thank you, I see you have made some great midi controllers in this new version that you've sent me - all the extra midi controllers that I asked for, plus some ones that I didn't even know I wanted, until I saw them in your list in vArranger.......  I am very excited. I have a midi encoder that can read 320 digital inputs, and 64 analogue inputs.  I am planning on installing my 2nd midi encoder, which has 128 digital inputs, and 128 digital outputs (combined midi encoder and midi decoder).  So I'll be adding LED's where I can.  On my first encoder, I connected the two manuals and the pedal-board.

I'm still busy applying varnish to my project, before I can start installing the buttons, and then the wiring of the buttons with diodes, and rotary and straight faders, and also my Hammond drawbars, can begin.