News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Development Blog

Started by Bachus, June 01, 2016, 12:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bachus

Dan, would it be a good idea to have some kind of development blog, where people can read

Whats the current status of the Varranger program including a listing of recently added features and their dat
But also the new stuff you are currently working on..
As well as things you aim to add in the future...

For an outsider like me with an honest interest in your archievements its very hard to see what new advancements you are making....

But also for possible customers its hard to find out about the latest version, as often the information on the website is old and cought up by time...

Dan

This is a the goal of our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/vArranger

I often post some news about vArranger there, and 582 persons receive a notification about it

Then we talk more about it on the forum...

haweneu

Hi Dan,
i agree with Bachus.
I have no facebook account!

I think it is better, to see all news direct inside this forum!

For example i dont know what is the actual version (V 1.17.?? , but i see also in the forum discussions about V1.18)!

So why dont you post for example every month news about your developement status in this Forum?

Dan

Yes, I should !

Basically, I have added the new PLAYLIST feature, allowing you to select some songs and group them in a playlist, with only one click.
You can create many playlists, and also auto chain a playlist with midifiles / mp3

I have also worked on better Korg styles compatibility.

- Korg styles has the possibility to have a variation of 4 measures for major chords, and 6 measures for minor chords. This caused some intros to have blank measures. This is now corrected.
A special attention had to be done if the player changes the chord, from minor to major, when the measures numbers are smaller
- Also some korg styles has recorded chord variations in a non continuous way. for example CV1 CV2 CV5 CV6. This caused some chords to be blank. This is now corrected
- Better NTT comprehension for old Korg PA80 styles

And some other things... I usually don't communicate on all those small improvements, as this is very technical, and most of users only want the styles to play good :)

The next project I need to finish it the easy total recall of VST states with the sound or style, as this is a very important feature for all VST players

Of course I have not forgotten about improving the SD1000 DSP saving...

A lot of things to do :)   16 Pads, audio drums, audya styles.............

TechnicsKN7000

Dan,

The detail you have gone into is really interesting and important to those of us who work in detail with these styles. I understand exactly what you're saying about the Korg styles compatibility and the details that you mention here mean that Styleworks doesn't convert correctly to Technics, for example, so it is really great to see you putting so much effort into the details and sharing the information.

I'm guessing that you'll also find some awkwardness with Korg 6/8 and 12/8 Styles, especially when some of the fill-ins are different lengths. I'll document some of this info when I get some spare time.

Best wishes,
Mike

nikola

As beta tester of a new vA2 I can say that Dan hier do a great improvments on Korg Style playing especialy on  CVs.
Insert eff. a very interesting to put in the next update for work with SF2 Banks, for pro Arranger like vA2 is not acetable without Insert Effects for each Track!!!

Pekilik

When will problem with replaying notes in Fill ins come to order for fixing, or this problem will be always without reply???

Dan

Yes, VST FX insert on tracks + try to improve the fill in retrig too in the list...

Bachus

Hope you can make those 16 pads both midi as well as audio.. 

For perfect pads functionallity, have a look at the new Casio MZ-X500. Thats something awesome....

lakere

Dan,

I also would like to encourage you to list all the updates and version history on your vArranger site.  It is not only to show all your hard work but it will help those who already purchased and those considering buying vArranger.   

Chris

Quote from: Dan on June 01, 2016, 11:43:57 PM
Yes, I should !

Basically, I have added the new PLAYLIST feature, allowing you to select some songs and group them in a playlist, with only one click.
You can create many playlists, and also auto chain a playlist with midifiles / mp3

I have also worked on better Korg styles compatibility.

- Korg styles has the possibility to have a variation of 4 measures for major chords, and 6 measures for minor chords. This caused some intros to have blank measures. This is now corrected.
A special attention had to be done if the player changes the chord, from minor to major, when the measures numbers are smaller
- Also some korg styles has recorded chord variations in a non continuous way. for example CV1 CV2 CV5 CV6. This caused some chords to be blank. This is now corrected
- Better NTT comprehension for old Korg PA80 styles

And some other things... I usually don't communicate on all those small improvements, as this is very technical, and most of users only want the styles to play good :)

The next project I need to finish it the easy total recall of VST states with the sound or style, as this is a very important feature for all VST players

Of course I have not forgotten about improving the SD1000 DSP saving...

A lot of things to do :)   16 Pads, audio drums, audya styles.............