News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

SPAM

Started by BjayG, May 28, 2016, 11:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BjayG

Hi,

I agree with Lylo with his reply to one of the yet more SPAM messages we seem have had an increasing number of lately.

Dan - so why can't this rubbish be filtered out...   

I cannot actually see the point of these spam messages - does anyone actually read them and act on them.   As far as I can tell all they do is just annoy people.

Barry

Bachus

Quote from: BjayG on May 28, 2016, 11:23:00 AM
Hi,

I agree with Lylo with his reply to one of the yet more SPAM messages we seem have had an increasing number of lately.

Dan - so why can't this rubbish be filtered out...   

I cannot actually see the point of these spam messages - does anyone actually read them and act on them.   As far as I can tell all they do is just annoy people.

Barry

Dont blame Dan, blame those freaking spammers...

The only solution is a new acount identification system...

So the spammers cant get access to the forum....

BjayG

No one is blaming Dan. 

As you say - 'The only solution is a new acount identification system...'   or at least to set the protection of this one if at all possible.

Lylo

Perhaps a validation for the ten first posts.

Dan

I have set many filters and 99% of the spam attacks are filtered out ! But they seems really motivated to find way to post their advertising on the vArranger's forum.

Some other forum administrators has closed the access of their website to all the Russian ip adresses, and this helped a lot.

As we have some users from Russia, I don't want to go this way

Activating any new user's message can be a good idea to test, but I am afraid this will be more work to do than just deleting spam

claudio

Against SPAM, must reject every new entry in the forum containing links!

Dan

I have just added a more complex image verification to register...

Let's see if this help or not.....