News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Karaoke Files

Started by Bernie9, March 07, 2011, 01:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

Since changes in key or mutes in melody track can't be saved, I would like suggestions on how to use the feature since every file could have different settings.

vArranger has gotten to the point where I can use it for performance but I would like to use the Karaoke too.

Bernie

Dan

I will try to add the save of the midifiles transpose and track mutes on a future version.

Can you If you have, can you send me midifiles/kar with mutes and/or transposes inside ?

Dan

Bernie9

Dan
I can appreciate the possible difficulty since I use VanBasco and MidiNotate Composer.  They being programs in themselves, probably involves more than adding a feature to yours. It must be a subset, but of coarse, you use subsets to save style revisions.  I can send a Composer file.

Thanks for trying, anyway
Bernie

Dan

Hi Bernie,

I want a midifile with MUTE tracks inside, you sent me a .not file.

Dan

Bernie9

Sorry Dan
I don't know how to do that.  All midi's open up with a program like I described and it is saved within that program.

jan1kow

Bernie
just use midi file editing software like cakewak to edit the files. Then save them and play them in VArranger.
Thats what I do.   
jon

Bernie9

I don't have any DAW except what I mentioned.

Lylo

You can do the job with midi composer.

Go in -> staff -> delete staff -> choose the staff for delete -> go to export en choose midifile or karaoke

Bernie9

Hi Lylo

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I could do that but that is sending a modified file.  What I mean is, I would have to alter all of my files to play in vArranger to mute a track(in this case, delete).  I work with far too many files and it doesn't address changing key.
Bernie

Bernie9

As it is now with other programs, all I have to do is transpose -2 and press mute on the melody track, and save.

jan1kow

You really need to use a editing program. GN Midi should probably transpose many files at same time.
jon

Dan

I will probably add this feature soon

Dan

Bernie9