News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

assignable controllers - Nanokontrol 2, Softstep

Started by lakere, March 30, 2016, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakere

What would be the best way of switching assignable controllers to use with vA2?   Sometimes, I'd like to use just the Nanokontrol 2 when I play a keyboard, but other times using a foot controller such as the Softstep would be better when I play a midi accordion.  It seems to me that each time I change an assignable controller, I have to re-assgin all the buttons in vA2.   If anyone could shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.   

Dan

If you change your controller from midi in 2 to Midi in 3, you will need to assign again
If you let it at the same place, it should not.

If your Nanokontrol 2 and you Softstep are using the different midi messages, then you need to assign again

lakere

Thanks, Dan.   Even when the controllers are kept in the same midi inputs, do I have to reassign to make sure they all send the same midi messages?    Even if it is so, I can manually enter midi messages in the controller so that they all send the same messages as you said.     

Dan

If it is the same midi messages, and at the same midi input number, then you don't need to reassign