Multi sounds on multiple channels, Separate ocatve saving for each track.

Started by lakere, March 07, 2016, 09:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakere

As I am learning my way with vArragner, I have a couple of questions or feature requests.   
1. Is it possible to save multi sounds on multiple midi channels and save them as a patch?   

2. When layering sounds for the Right, is it possible to have different ocatve ranges for each track?   That way, one can have really fat sounds.

Thanks,

Chris   

Dan

Yes !

Double click on a track, (or right click on a track) to show the SOUND EDIT screen.

Here you can change the octave, and many more...

You can select sounds for Right 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5  and the SAVE RIGHT SOUND

This will give you a big fat sound saved as a patch :)

lakere

Thanks, Dan.  Fantastic!   I tried it just now.   Huge, fat sounds.     I can see that when you layer various sounds, you can come up with really nice patches just out of the vA2 stock sounds.  vArranger shines not only as a powerful and flexible arranger but as an efficient patch manager.   

Dan, is your answer yes to my first question in regards to saving sounds on multiple midi channels as a patch?    For instace, double bass on channel 3, guitars on channel 2, and trumpet on channel1 and save them as a set, patch, or whatever and call it up by clicking on "My Sounds" buttons or via midi program changes?    If vA2 can do this, it will be pretty powerful when driven by a midi accordion.     

Also, I saw requests on octave changes for bas, and I'd like to see that myself.     

Thanks a lot,
Chris

Dan

When you SAVE RIGHT SOUND, you create a big preset.

You can then use this sound for the right hand, or for the left hand. You can find them selecting the RIGHT and LEFT tracks, close to the master fader.

You can also drag & drop those sounds in the MY SOUNDS bar, to be able to change them easily.

You can select a sound in left, right and bass tracks   and SAVE SONG, so this will reload your style + left + right + bass sound

And a lot more.....

lakere

Great.  Thanks!   I will definetely try it and learn more about vA2.   A load of features to be discovered underneath the asthecially pleasing, but simple interface of vA2.   

Lylo

lakere

Thanks for the links.   These will be helpful.   I will have to to try and experiment before I ask another question.   

Lylo

StreetMuziks

Hi Dan. I finally got around to using my VA and it is amazing. My problem is this: I created several multi patches, using up to 8 sounds in 5 different zones across two keyboards. I saved them as Right Sounds and Left sounds and was able to successfully reload them from the My Sounds area for about 3 weeks. The last two times I booted up the sound names were still in My Sounds but it only loaded single left and right sounds, with all the other sounds in their respective zones missing. Furthermore, after loading a saved midi song, all my created My Sounds disappeared from the My Sounds area. Lastly, I've never really understood the use of Left, Right, and Left+Right in the My Sounds area, as it seems whenever I save to one, it also saves to the other, so that I end up with the same sounds loaded in all three choices.

1) Most importantly, is there a (backup?) folder wherein I might find my previously saved user created multi sounds that have disappeared?
2) Is there a normal means of recalling user-created multi sounds that are no longer existing in the My Sounds area?
    Or are we limited to saving 20 Right and 20 Left user-created saves and keeping them there forever?
3) Can you point me to a tutorial on the proper intended use of the Left, Right, and Left+Right My Sounds area (in English)?

4) Please elaborate on the techniques in bold underline that you mentioned, as:
Quote from: Dan on March 07, 2016, 10:04:19 PM
When you SAVE RIGHT SOUND, you create a big preset.

You can then use this sound for the right hand, or for the left hand. You can find them selecting the RIGHT and LEFT tracks, close to the master fader.

You can also drag & drop those sounds in the MY SOUNDS bar, to be able to change them easily.

You can select a sound in left, right and bass tracks   and SAVE SONG, so this will reload your style + left + right + bass sound

And a lot more.....

VArranger v1.17.97 on WD My Passport Ultra USB external disk
Windows 10 Home 64-bit on Dell Inspiron 15 laptop
Ketron SD1000
M-Audio Prokeys 88SX via Midiman MIDI to USB adapter on MIDI 1 Right
Microkorg XL via USB on MIDI 2 Left

StreetMuziks

BUMP!Hey Dan (or anyone), any helpful hints on this would be greatly appreciated. Rehearsal tomorrow and they prob expect me to be as amazing as I was before...

Dan

Hello,

1) If you load STYLES or MP3, then you ill get all the 8 tracks, but if you load MIDIFILES, then you will only have a Right 1 and Left 1 track playing, borrowed from the midifile's empty tracks

2) Here is how vArranger is working :
- You create your big sounds layers and save them with SAVE SOUND
- Those new sounds are available then (in the sound groups you have put them) for every song, when you select the RIGHT or LEFT track close to the master volume fader. This is simlpe to understand. You have the master volume fader. Close to it there is 2 tracks RIGHT and LEFT. if you select them, you will be able to see and select your saved sounds.
- You can set a saved sound on the RIGHT and a sound and LEFT track, then when you SAVE SONG, and check R&L SOUNDS, then will be recalled with your song
- You can also drag & drop some of your sounds in your MY SOUNDS area
- You can SAVE for each song a different set of MY SOUNDS (SAVE SONG / check MY SOUNDS)
- A 'multi' sound that you have saved can be used for right or left track. The Left, Right, and Left+Right options in the My Sounds area, allows you to decide to use your MY SOUNDS area as 20 favorites sounds for right hand, or 10 for right and 10 for left ....

3) The saved 'multi' sounds are in the folder \vArrangerData\Sounds\PRESETS\SoundSet.vSND
The saved my sounds are inside each saved song files

The last displayed MY SOUNDS set is also saved when you quit vArranger, and reloaded if no songs overwrite it

If you never save MY SOUNDS with a song, then you will only have one set each time

Let me know if you still need something to be explained

Regards,

Dan

harcon01

Hi

When I first started using 'My Sounds' I found occasionally that the groups would change. It took me a while to figure out that when I was saving a song I was choosing from the options save  "My Sounds Bar" I was doing this without knowing the impact, so if I have changed a 'voice' using a particular style  it was registering the change (in my Sound Bars) and therefore couldn't figure out why my sound bar kept changing.

After figuring this out,  I went back and took off the Song>save>Sound Bar option on all my songs. I then built a master list of sound bars I wanted and associated this list with only one song. From this I would experiment with sound bar changes and maybe save the sound bar with the particular song. Then if I don't like the changes made or stuff up, I can always go back select the song with the master 'My Sounds' and reset the My Sound Bar list.

Hope that helps (and saves some time)

Paul

StreetMuziks

Many thanks to Dan and Paul. I finally understand and everything is working wonderfully. VArranger continues to amaze!    :)

Dan