News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vASynth and effects FX1, FX2 , FX3 and Master

Started by tthoms, March 03, 2016, 04:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tthoms

Hello
I need help from you as experts in applying effects in vA2 for the vA2Synthesizer. Here are the questions for the different Effects:

FX1-Reverb
In one of the newer version from vA2 there is built in per default the TAL Reverb4. What is your experience with that vsti-reverb? Unfortunately this reverb has no predefined presets. I'm not so familiarly to choose the right parameters with the six knobs. Can anyone give me his positions of the knobs for the best results? What are the knob-positions for the presets as known in the original vA2 reverb list (off, room, studio... arena)?

FX2- Chorus-Delay-Distorsion
What are the vsti's you use for the FX2? I'm using the TAL Corus in the magix independence vsti rack. But also here I have not the presets as I have in the native vA2-chorus (chorus1 , chorus2 .... flanger). Is there an alternative, where I have such presets?

What's about vst's for delay and distortion?

FX3
Which are the right vsti's for this section?

Master
Here I'm using a reverb vsti and a 3 band equalizer from magix independent in a rack and an hbasm steroizer pro. Which vsti's are you using here or what you recommend?

Thank you for any comment.
Thom

Dan

Why not understanding what each knob is doing, and experimenting with your ears what sounds better to your taste?
Effects are like spices, need to use them a bit to improve the taste, not too much.

This is what I have done with the new vArranger version, and the new VST reverb. I have experimented and provided to all of you a good default preset to start with.
You are free to use another vst reverb, or different settings.

You can ask if you don't understand a parameter in the VST.

FX2, why not using the VST chorus directly in vArranger, and not in Independance?
Settings are pretty easy to decide... you have 2 buttons :)
I will maybe include this in vArranger too later

FX3 - Why not TAL DUB 3
This will add a nice delay in sync with the vArranger tempo

Master - Usually an EQ like you did.  I would not put a second reverb, but you can do it if you like it. I would not put 2 Equalizers like you did. 1 is enough.  A multiband compression can help, but ... can also kill the dynamic

Lylo

Strange choice for FX2, use Tal Chorus directly, is better.

If you want presert why not use only Independence FX on all the FX, with this you have good reverb, good chorus, good delay etc. ?

v.muller

Try the LiquidSonics' Reverberate LE.
It's free and it loads impulse response files.
(You can emulate various real spaces.)

Here is the link:
http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_reverberate_le.htm

tthoms

Hi Dan, Hi Lilo,
thank you very much for your answers. One point you both have shown to me is, that I should use not the independence rack, rather I should use the vsti directly. Why?
Then I've learned, that a second reverb in the master section is not necessary.
I will try out your suggestions with the different proposed vsti's.

In the literature one speaks from psychoaccoustics in conjunction with the effects.  Here I think each person has different claims. What I would now from you, were global for all claims valid standards. But I see that this is not so easy, when not impossible. So I have to try and hope that the claims of my "clients" are the same as the mines.

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Thom

Dan

If you only use one vst fx, it is better to use it directly. Why adding a vst between vArranger and the vst FX. This use some cpu and you need to rely on the possibilities and problems of the 2 vst

If you want to load many fx chained, then the independance rack is the only soution

tthoms

Hello,
did anyone know if there exists a 64bit version of the MAGIX independence vsti host that i can use with the 64 bit vASynth? Is it perhaps the paid basic version?

Thom

magali

:) I have the 64 bits version , it work very well . it is a little expensive  >:(

tthoms

Hello Magali,
there are three versions on the homepage of MAGIX:

MAGIX Independence Pro Software Suite 3.2
MAGIX Independence Basic
MAGIX Independence Pro

which one you have installed? Did you know if the first one (the cheapest) will support 64 bit?
Thank you for your help.

Thom

Lylo

Hello tthoms, all versions are the same software, even the free version who has some limitation as only 25 samples and no support for vsti. The software suite is Independence with a host and the fx with no limitation, over 25 samples and import some vsti.
Basic is the same thing with 12go of sound and Pro with 70go.
The software suite is very low cost, under 60€ but no sound and for import you must buy a software from Chicken system, in the web site you read that Independence import sf2 and akai sound but is a mistake.
It's sad because the sampler is a little bit closed and if you want some sounds you must buy the basic or pro version.
I have a sad news, no improvement fot Independence in the futur, the software is in his definitive version.
For me it's a great sampler but too confidential.

tthoms

Hello Lilo,
thank you for your remarks. I have installed the free version, but if I load the 64bit vASynth there comes an error that the independence is not a 64bit version. So my question is; which product of independence should I install that it will work with the vASynth 64bit?
Thom

Lylo

I think you have download the 32bits version, you must find the 64bits version, free or commercial, Indepence is ok with vAsynth 64, I use it on stage.

magali

:) Yes Lylo is right .I have Indépendence Pro with 70 go sounds.The two versions ,32 and 64 bits in the package .300 Euros  for the suite  3.2 and 10 E or 15 E for the bank on DVD .

tthoms

Hello Lilo and Magali,
thank you for your information. I will not find in the free version a 64bit installation kit. So I think the vASynth64 will only work with  the Indépendence Pro who has a 64bit installation kit. Is that right? Did you get some improvement with the vASynth64 instead of the 32Bit Version? Why I should give out so lot of money? Please give me a reason why I should go to the vASynth64. If there is really an improvement I will decide to buy the Indépendence Pro for using with the vASynth64. Thank you very much, I'm awaiting inquisitive for your answer.
Thom

Dan

In my computer the 64 bits dll are in : C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\MAGIX\Independence\VSTPlugins64

tthoms

Hello Dan,
oh dear.........
Yes you are right the 64bits dll are in the directory:
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\MAGIX\Independence\VSTPlugins64

and the 32bits dll are in :
C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins\MAGIX\Independence\VSTPlugins32

Who now that ? But it is correct! 64bit programs are stored in "Program Files" and the 32bit programs in "Program Files (x86)".
Now independence works together with the vASynt64!
Thank you very much Dan.

Thom