How to move an instrument (preset) from one soundfont, to another..... ????

Started by sweetbb, March 03, 2016, 11:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetbb

Hi,
Is it possible to move a preset, with instrument and preset, from one soundfont into another, in order to replace a sound, or in order to add a sound to the soundfont?

Dan

Soundfonts editors like Polyphone and Vienna allows you to copy/paste/delete etc... the elements inside a SF2 file
You don't need to put all your sounds inside one file, as vArranger loads all the sounds from all the files, if they have an unique number

sweetbb

Thank you Dan,

I have numbered my files, like you say, and is works beautifully. The thing is, I have  a total of 61 soundfonts, with sounds that I love. Remember, I don't do gigs, it is only for my own amusement, and I thought if I could bring it down to 1 soundfont, it would be so much simpler.

Brian.

sweetbb

Dan or anyone else that can answer,

How can I make a preset "wetter".  I have some strings, but they end abruptly when you release the key, I would like them to fade away a bit slower?

Brian.

Dan

On vArranger, you can double click on the track, and change the RELEASE TIME

Or you can do that inside the SF2 editor, to change the default value of the release time enveloppe. Soundfonts editing is a bit complexe for beginners, and is not really the point of this forum.