News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Multiple audio apps at the same time...

Started by Bachus, February 05, 2016, 03:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bachus

Comming from a Mac, where this is possible on PC Windows 10..

Now imagine that i want to run several audio applications and midi applications at the same time... Completely lagfree... Routing midi between them, and all using the same Audio out...( in my case, using the USB of the upcomming montage as the audio interface ).....  I am thinking to use cubase, Varranger, band in a box and Karma(only midi) for Motif, all running at the same time and hoping to be able to quickly change between them ..  No rewire, all syncing to the midi clock of the montage..

Its important to have low latency...

Would this be possible... And what tools would you be using for this..

Dan

Some ASIO pro sound cards allow many software to use them simultaneously. 
But I don't know which one

Pekilik

I know that RME card and Presonus card (I have VSL22) has multi cilent Asio and you can run many audio-midi app together with low latency...

Bachus

Quote from: Pekilik on February 05, 2016, 06:14:48 PM
I know that RME card and Presonus card (I have VSL22) has multi cilent Asio and you can run many audio-midi app together with low latency...

Thanks Peklik (and Dann) but i am researching specifically the Montage and using that as an audio device for the surface pro 4..

I dont think Yamaha will have multiclient asio support..

So far the only thing i have found is jack audio...  Reports on its usabillity for windows 10 vary wildly..

Dan

Let's wait and see if Steinberg has offered a multi client asio driver for they Yamaha friends