News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

very really bank SD2.sf2 for Audigy 2/4/5/RX

Started by sdada, January 30, 2016, 04:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdada

Bachus

Enlighten me, but wasnt this supposed to be part of a future Varranger update?

In the end, makes me wonder why you choose soundfonts, and not one of the more advanced free VST's that allow you to,load samples, and even stream them witouth latency from SSD

Dan

We have actually created 4 new soundbanks for vArranger to give better style compatibility with more styles, and they sound great :) This is optional. More info on our Facebook.

But anyone is free to do his own sampling :)

sdada

There is even no one VSTi which would support addressing of tools similar XG,GS, full GM & full GM2.
For this reason similar decisions - unique.
For this reason Dan and we is engaged in it and such work keeps only on enthusiasts (simply present all volume of work with samples which needs to be made for bank,for example, Yamaha Tyros 2 - more than one thousand instruments, tens of thousands of samples!)

Tuggen

So you need a Creative Audigy sound card to play these samples?
Is there any solution for laptops?

Lylo

Actualy vAsynth with sf2 is the best solution for accompaniment and vsti is better for goods right and left sounds.  :)

Dan

Something unique to our SOUNDBANKS, is that they are completely integrated inside vArranger and they automatically adapt to the style brand

You can have different set of samples loaded depending of the style brand you are playing

Bachus

Quote from: Dan on February 01, 2016, 09:54:28 AM
Something unique to our SOUNDBANKS, is that they are completely integrated inside vArranger and they automatically adapt to the style brand

You can have different set of samples loaded depending of the style brand you are playing

Thats an awesome step forward...

Tough adding all 4 will make it a little costly, turning a €350 product into a €750 one..
They need to be atleast same quallity as the Orriginall soundsets to be fully worth their money...

However, another huge adavntage of having internal soundsources is that you can have more then 16 channels in Varranger..  How about some midipads?

Dan

Why more than 16 channels, for the multipads? We don't have this yet... but vArranger never stops to improve :)

Dan

Bachus

Quote from: Dan on February 01, 2016, 09:03:06 PM
Why more than 16 channels, for the multipads? We don't have this yet... but vArranger never stops to improve :)

Precisely...

Quote from: Dan on February 01, 2016, 09:14:39 PM
Here is a PA4X style for you recorded right out of the box :)

http://www.varranger.com/audio/sb4.mp3

Sounds quite nice..

Dan

Tuggen

"Improved for VSampler3 and made the version for AUDIGY 2/4/5/Rx.Use sound cards hardware opportunities of the Creative card"

Nobody who knows if they can be used in some way on a laptop without the Audigy sound card?
Some external sound card works?

Bachus

Quote from: Dan on February 01, 2016, 11:13:36 PM
how many channels are needed for pads?

If you have midi pads, each one requires an own channel, if you have audio pads(that sync with tempo), same if you want to add effects...

In my perfect world, 8 would be great, 16 like the upcomming Casio MZ-X500 would be perfect.. Currently 4 is the standard..  But then, Varranger should be above all standards..

4partmusic

So I am a little confused by this thread.  Is the PA4X Mp3 a sample of a PA4X style with the new sound banks you can purchase off of the Facebook account site?

Thanks,

Terry

Dan

Yes, this is a PA4X style played with vArranger and the soundbank#4.

Email me if you want to purchase some sounds

sdada

haweneu

Hi,
sounds not bad.
But i prefere my real hardware SD1000.

sdada

vladaelo

nikola

SD 1000 in SF2 will be a great solution for vA2...

haweneu

Hi all,
does anyone know the price for a complete software replacement with the same sound quality as my Ketron SD1000?
I think it is more expensive than a real SD1000, because i need more than one software package!

vladaelo

sdada