News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Additonal Soundfonts

Started by sweetbb, January 13, 2016, 08:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetbb

I have added 21 Soundfonts, to my setup.

I have named them starting with 01 <soundfont name> in order for them to load in a specific order.

Most of the presets in these soundfonts show up on the buttons, but not all of them.  I have assumed that the default soundfont preset naming convention would always be 000:000 Piano, 000:001 Next Piano, and so on.  So in my soundfonts, I have edited them to start as follows: 001:000 My first Piano, 002:000 My second Piano, and so on.  I have also added some Drawbar ogan presets in other soundfonts, for example with naming convention as follows: 001:016 My first Drawbar, 002:016 My Send Drawbar, 003:016 My third Drawbar, and so on.

Why do they not all show up in my buttons?

Where can I find the default soundfont that comes with vArranger, so that I can see if there are any clashes, with the naming convetion that I am using?  Dan, I can send you the soundfonts, if you want to see what I have done, just let me know and I will do so.

Dan

They should be shown in your buttons.
You can also look at the INS & SF2 bouton, to see the full list of your SF2 loaded

sweetbb

Thank you, I'll check there....

sweetbb

I see them all on the grid, when I press the SF2 button.

However, I see it is possible to have them all on the buttons as well.

Why does a piano sound, with the numbers "001:004 GrandConcertSustain" appear on the El.Piano group of buttons, and notthe normal Piano buttons, where I expect it to appear?

Dan

The position of the SF2 sounds inside each sound group will depend on the preset number and follows the GM rules : Preset number 0 will go to the PIANO group Preset number 33 will go to BASS group...

In your case program 4 is an electric piano

sweetbb

Thank you Dan.. I will see if I can find the GM rules.