News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger with Yamaha Montage

Started by Bachus, January 12, 2016, 07:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bachus

Looks to me like the new Montage might be a perfect match for the Upcomming new V-arranger..

If my favourite tyros features (sa2/ensemble) are part of Montage, this might be the time to move to V-arranger

Dan

There is still no information about this future keyboard... so hard to know

Bachus

Quote from: Dan on January 12, 2016, 08:51:34 AM
There is still no information about this future keyboard... so hard to know

http://www.onlinedigeditions.com/publication/?i=286673&p=224

Not much, but atleast some info surfaced, we will know more after the Namm

musiker-playboy

Can the vArranger in the future use  Yamaha Montage Sounds directly?
The new Montage will not use a gm2 bank.
I think it will be perfect for Yamaha styles.

moessieurs

Hi, i use vArranger2 with a Motif XF without problem and there is non GM2 bank, that will be the same thing for the Montage.

Bachus

Quote from: moessieurs on March 18, 2016, 06:26:55 AM
Hi, i use vArranger2 with a Motif XF without problem and there is non GM2 bank, that will be the same thing for the Montage.

On the Motif there is a DAW controll mode in which you can assign every button, knob or slider to Varranger...  We do not know yet if this is possible with Montage, what we do know is that the frontpage controll button DAW controll is no longer available on the Montage..

moessieurs

Yes, that"s right, no remote mode on the Montage, i use a tactil screen with the Motif XF, i use the remote mode for Karma Motif.

BjayG

Hi,

Don't know if this helps but the Monatge manual PDF can be loaded from here:-

http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=ca.yamaha.com&asset_id=66554

Or just search Yamaha Montage Manual

Barry

musiker-playboy

The Question ... can vArranger use the Yamaha Styles  directly with the Montage Sounds?
No GM2 bank. The Yamaha Styles need a way to select the sounds from the Montage.

Bachus

Quote from: musiker-playboy on March 22, 2016, 12:02:22 AM
The Question ... can vArranger use the Yamaha Styles  directly with the Montage Sounds?
No GM2 bank. The Yamaha Styles need a way to select the sounds from the Montage.

The Montage is backward compatible with the Motif, so there should be a GM2 bank...

Out of the 16 montage channels, 8 can be used by the montage itself for its keyboard parts (performance) the other 8 can be controlled from a daw/midi sequencer or Varranger or Karma, or whatever sends midi...

Bachus

Montage is almost uppon us, i will be visiting a demo by Bert Smorenberg next week...

Just wondering if anyone plans to buy and use it with the Montage...
If so please keep us posted...

Combining the performance of montage with Varranger, might be out of this world..

musiker-playboy

i have orderd the Montage and waiting for it. :)

eallan

"On the Motif there is a DAW controll mode in which you can assign every button, knob or slider to Varranger...  We do not know yet if this is possible with Montage, what we do know is that the frontpage controll button DAW controll is no longer available on the Montage."
Hi Bachus - Is this possible on Motif Rack XS? If yes , does it have to be set up manually or is there a configuration file that you could share?
Thanks

Bachus

Quote from: eallan on May 15, 2016, 01:36:04 PM
"On the Motif there is a DAW controll mode in which you can assign every button, knob or slider to Varranger...  We do not know yet if this is possible with Montage, what we do know is that the frontpage controll button DAW controll is no longer available on the Montage."
Hi Bachus - Is this possible on Motif Rack XS? If yes , does it have to be set up manually or is there a configuration file that you could share?
Thanks

There is no evidence of an advanced Daw controll mode yet in the reference manuall of the Montage..  However, it might be added in an update when the VST/PC editor comes available...  The Montgae will see some huge updates..

The rack version is more of a soundmodule and misses features like daw controll...as far as i can remember from my XS-rack, lost that over a year ago to some thieves..

Bachus

There currently is no DAW controll mode on the Montage...  Its not in the reference manuall...

I was at a demo by Bert Smorenburg, and he confirmed the abcense of a daw controll mode..

This makes the montage way less suites as a comtroller and soundsource for Varranger, even worse it disquallifies Montage for it in my book..

Also need to say that i was very very impressed by the sound, performance and ease of use/programming of the montage.... Its a beast of a synth...

musiker-playboy

The Yamaha Montage is the the new synth from Yamaha.
Itˋs works in the Motif mode with vArranger.
But there some sounds not  on the right place.
With a right instrument file it will work fine.
The styles are much better than in a original Tyros 5 working.
Dan, can i get a update, with the Yamaha Montage option?

moessieurs

Hi, the problem is to have the Montage instrument definition file.
I do not have it.

musiker-playboy

Ok :) i will contact Yamaha or Steinberg.
For every DAW itś needed. I thinkt it must be exist.

musiker-playboy

I am waiting for answer for the inst file.

But i found this: https://youtu.be/SF5a_YhjTQg

Dan

Hello,

Moessieurs released a INS file for the montage. He explains here how to use it with vArranger
http://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,479.msg23411.html#msg23411

And here complete information
http://www.moessieurs.com/ins-montage.html

Thank you Moessieurs !

Dan

moessieurs

musiker-playboy

Hi Dan,

can you now install the option like the Motif for the Montage, to use it with the vArranger? ;)

The Montage donˋt have a GM2 Bank and the sounds are not the same like Motiv.
So it is important  to have a  Montage setup for the vArranger.

Bachus

Its been a while, but still nobody using V-arranger with the Montage?

Just looking for user experiences..