News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Importing of .INS files

Started by sweetbb, January 09, 2016, 07:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetbb

I have been trying to figure out how to connect my Yamaha PSR 295 to my vArranger setup, in order to use it as a sound module for vArranger.

I don't seem to understand the manual. The instrucitons on page 24 says to do the following:

"Toactivate the INS function, click LOAD, and select an INS file. This will import the sound bank in vA2, and displays a new window with a list of sounds." - I don't see any new window as stated in the manual.

"It is important to note that the *.Ins must be present on the hard drive of the computer" - the .Ins file is on my hard drive.

At first I thought that the YAMAHA PSS 295.ins file might be corrupted, but I tried a lot of other .INS files, and I get the same result.

Please, can somebody help me with this, as I am not getting anywhere.

Thank you.

Lylo

sweetbb

Thank you Lylo.

So in other words,  I will never have a list of the sound module souns on the buttons as I do with the internal sounds?  Also, the PSR 295 file does import, but does not make any sense to me at all.

Lylo

Yes the names sounds are only in the ins&sf2 windows, with this you can change easily the bad sound in a style if the auto selection with the xg mode is not good.
I don't understand your second phrase.

sweetbb

Thank you for your help so far Lylo, I appreciate it very much. 

At lease there is already an improvement on my side.  I will take a screenshot and explain to you then what I don't understand.

Lylo

tthoms

Hello
i have made a ins-file for a new sound module gwerder x4 and have the same problem. The text from the ins-window on top will not shown in the  track bar. If that will not work why I should use an ins-file? It confuses me that in the track bar the address [0-64-32] will be shown as in the ins-window, but the instrument name corresponds not. If that not work in the live mode I never know which instrument is selected. Have you any idea what could be wrong in the ins-file?
Thom