News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Ketron SD2 and SD4

Started by bladi, March 18, 2010, 11:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladi

Hello !

My question is, can I use the Ketron SD4 module instead SD2 with your software ?

Thanks !

Dan

Hello Bladi,

Of course you can use the Ketron SD4, because it is exactly the same sound engine than the Ketron SD2.

Regards,

Dan

bladi

Thanks, Dan !

I think, the SD4 analog outputs are better and it has more connectors - I would prefer SD4.

But I wonder - are really the ProgramChange parameters in these two modules identical ?

My dream-configuration would be:

-Openlabs DBEAT
-vArranger²
-NOVATION REMOTE 61 SL MKII
-Ketron SD4

What do you think ? ;)

Dan

The SD4 is better because it own analog outputs in JACK and not RCA. I don't think that we can hear a diffrence for the sound, but it is more PRO.

It also own an USB to MIDI converter inside, so you don't need to add one to plug it to the computer. But I am not sure if the Ketron drivers are as good as some others usb-midi interfaces.

What is really good is that you don't need a power supply , because the SD4 is powered by USB.

The SD4 is bigger than the SD2 but add a small interface for changing sound, but with vArranger we don't need it.

And also add a second midi in to play 32 midi sounds together. But I think if you play 32 chanels, you will for sure get polyphonie issues.

The program changes are exactely the same on the SD2, SD4, SD5, SD8, and midjay plus.

Your dream configuration is very nice !

But you can easilly replace the DBEAT by a nice laptop :)

Let me know

Dan

bladi

Thanks!

Can vArranger² be synchronized via Midi ?
For example, muting the Ketron Drums and take EZ-Drummer ?

Have you maybe a demo of your program ?

Best wishes

Bladi

Dan

No syncho via MIDI, but soon we will be able to choose the MIDI out for each track.

So u will be able to play all the tracks from Ketron SD2 but the drum kit from your special audio sampler/software.

Unfortunately, for now we stoped to create demo versions because of some people abuse.

But we have money back guarantee.

Let me know

Dan