News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger Softsynth

Started by Bernie9, October 06, 2015, 03:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I am trying to use the above, and while the sounds are okay, when I try a style. the sound is like a crazy calliope.  I am trying to get the best possible sound without carrying extra hardware.

Deane

Bernie,
I had the same experience. Hoped Dan would provide the solution.
Deane

Bernie9

Hiya Deane

I thought Agaton was coming up with a new engine, but haven't heard much lately.  You and I are in the same boat, as we need to get in and out with the least gear and best sound.  We both have had about every keyboard out there, but the vArranger still beckons.

We will have to see what Dan says.

ps
I hope you are feeling better.

Bernie

Deane

Hi Bernie,
Since I have had my Ketron SD7 I have also spent more time with vArranger and almost no time at all with
my Tyros 4.  I am about to sell my Tyros 4 and use the SD7 or vArranger for gigs.  I suspect Dan will come up
with a great solution for the synth sound issue-he always seems to know what we need. 

I also have thought about buying a SD1000 to replace my SD2 but don't know if that will get me what I am wanting which is a better sound quality for styles other than Ketron.   Perhaps Dan will jump in here and tell us if anything is
on the horizon.

Deane

Bernie9

Hi Deane

My best sounding board, overall, is my Audya 76. but, like your Tyros4, is heavy to bring to a small NH gig.  Sound wise, I am thinking the SD1000 is incrementally better the the SD2, but, in my case, I want to be able to travel with just a tablet, controllerKB, and an interface.  I am going to wait to see what Dan does.

Deane

Hi Bernie,
I'm in the same boat.  Right now my wife goes with me to all my gigs and helps me setup so a heavier keyboard works.  But, if I have to go alone the heavier keyboard would be a real struggle now.  My Spine surgery has been a total success, but the doctors don't want me lifting anything heavy.  I would use my Korg Microarranger but it crapped out on me and was very expensive to fix.  By the way, it was a real winner for gigs.  So, that puts me back to vArranger which I have gigged with and it was well accepted by my audiences.  It would be really neat not to have to deal with a sound module and the midi cable.  I bought a new Macbook Pro this week and am thinking about putting windows on it and running vArranger on it.  I did this with my older Macbook Pro and it was a total winner.  Anyway, we will see what Dan comes up with.

Deane