News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Computer RAM

Started by Deane, October 03, 2015, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Will more RAM improve over-all sound on vArranger?
Deane

Dan

If you use the Ketron SD2, more ram will not change anything to the sound as 100% of the sound is generated by the SD2
The RAM will help if you use the virtual instruments to load more sounds

Deane

What is the best sound module for vArranger?
Deane

Bachus

Quote from: Deane on October 03, 2015, 10:51:46 PM
What is the best sound module for vArranger?
Deane

From what i have read, people yield very very good results with the sd1000..

Also when you want to use VST, more Ram will improve your systems performance... But saying that more ram will make a better sound?  No it just allows you to do more things continously..

But as Dan said, if you use a soundmodule as your soundsource, there is not much ram requirements, and the current standard of 4Gb should do..

Deane

Thanks Backus,
I am thinking of upgrading my vArranger system.  I currently don't use VSTs but do use the Ketron SD2 module.  My PC laptop now has 8 gigs of RAM.  It would be great if there were comparison videos or even MP3s comparing the SD2 and the SD1000 modules in use with vArranger.

Thanks,
Deane

Bachus

http://youtu.be/dlJ3kyOT9Dg

I think this video really shows the power of the sd1000

Deane

There are nearly 20 youtube videos of the SD1000 Sounds - great find.
One question for the group.  Has anyone changed from the SD2 to the SD1000?  If yes, did you see an overall improvement in sound quality with styles as well as just the sounds?

Deane

haweneu

Hi,
i own an SD1000 and didnt had an SD2 before!
It has very very good Sounds.

Some members of this forum reported problems with USB powersupply and polyphony.
In one of all my songs i found also a polyphonie problem. During playing with right1 one sound ends before i released the key! But only with this one song!

If you play with VA2 a song, there is a problem with the settings of the internal effectprocessor.
I described this in an other Thread in this forum!
I am in contact with dan for a solution!