Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Sound fonts

Started by tthoms, August 23, 2015, 02:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tthoms

Hello Lylo
you wrote:
Hello tthoms, yes soundfonts Live Styler are really good for vArranger for accompaniment section but for right and left hand you can found better sound.
For example the "Splendid piano", 256mo weigth soundfont, is really good, better than piano of soundfonts Live Styler.
And for many sounds you can found very good freewares soundfonts. http://www.varranger.com/french-forum/

Thank you for the answer. Yes perhaps I can find some specific better soundfonts for an instrument. But what I need is a set of all GM Midi Sounds in a good quality that sounds like on a keyboard or the ketron sd2. I'm a live keyboard player and a sound like from a ketron sd2 is a must for a gig. I can not make experiments during a gig, it must sound from the first to the last song like played from a keyboard. The Live Styler soundfont set is the only soundfont set with all GM Midi sounds that I know. Are there other complet GM Midi soundfont sets that I can use with the vArranger software synthesizer?

I ask this question because I can not achieve approximately the same quality of sound with the va2 synthesizer and live styler soundfonts  as with the sd2 sound module. The sound is flat, even when I use for FX1 a festival hall or arena. (PSP easy Verb).
Have you any idea how I can achieve a sound which is practically the same as with the ketron sd2.
Thank you.

Thom

Lylo

Hello tthoms,
Yes I know what you say, sf2 Live Styler sound different than sd2, it's more roots, sometime the end of the sound is not very good, the effects are poor, just reverb and chorus but with a good soundcard the sound is better than sd2, more clear and clean.
You lost somethings but you win another things as no expander have plug at the sono.
For Ketron styles soundfonts Live Styler are the best actually but be patient,  some sounds for vArranger are building and there are ok for yamaha, ketron, roland and korg styles.

For my gigs I play with some sf2 Live Styler (only the necessary for the titles I play) and vsti for rigth and left sounds (pianoteq, kontakt, sampletank, lounge lizzard).
For the effects you can use the best multieffects freeware : Independence FX it's really good for optimise sf2.

tthoms

Hello
yes you are right this independence FX is one of the best I ever used and heared. I' installed it for vA2 FX1(reverb), FX2(Chorus) and FX3(Delay) and the equalizer for the master. The sound with the livestyler soundfonts is now really better.

I've tried to use the independence.dll as vsti. The installation is o.k and I get the GUI and it seems to work in vA2. But I can not hear anything if I play with my keyboard. With the independence internal keyboard I can hear the instruments. I'm sure that the midi input is not correct configured. But I can't find the configuration menu in independence dll.

I'm impressed also of the manual with 250 pages in german!

Das Produkt Independence ist wirklich super. Ich hoffe ich bringe die vsti Lösung auch noch zum Laufen. Danke für die Unterstützung
Thom

magali

:o Hé tthoms , Mettre un son sur Indépendence ,un "Layer"
                         Régler ce son sur le canal 13 ,dans le rectangle midi ch
                         Klick droit sur la piste 13   Right 1 sur VA
                         cocher SEND TO MIDI OUT2 ou 3:VST       selon le cas
                         Dans le POP UP de droite cocher en face du VSTi                Indépendence , dans notre cas
                         Refermer les 2 Pop up en cliquant n'importe ou sur VA
                Normalement  , le son doit être entendu à ce stade . S'il n'y a pas de son , c'est que vous avez peut être mal installé le VSTi Indépendence .