microphone and vocals from PC laptop effects also harmonisation/harmony

Started by jan1kow, January 14, 2011, 11:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jan1kow

Does anyone use va and produce vocal reverb etc from a laptop. What I mean is singing through a microphone with effects from laptop instead of a seperate reverb unit then with the vocals connected into a PA system.
Also the ability to get vocoder/vocalist harmony effects produced on the laptop instead of a seperate expensive digitech unit then connected to a PA.
Vocal quality will still be needed here.

Can we do everything (VA styles accompanyments , midi files, Mp3 backing, right hand hormony (according to left hand chord played) in VA right solo melody and ALSO vocal effects processing. All from one central laptop source.
jon edinburgh 

Dan

I think for vocals, I would go to the hardware route.

This module is including preamp, reverb, harmony and is not so much expansive

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicetone-harmony-m/

Dan

jan1kow

The TC Helicon looks good and reasonable priced considering it does both reverb and harmony.
I already have a Digitech vocalizer and an Aleisis reverb unit. I was hoping it might be possible to use only my laptop/VA and no other units (except PA) for live public performances. Maybe I was expecting too much from only my laptop but would like to carry less equipment in future now that I have the VA and SD2 module. Which is a fantastic, future proof, flexible, upgradeable and everything is already on your laptop that is needed without the need to transfer files to external keyboards and midi workstations which go out of date. But at the end of the day I still vocal sound quality which would probably be sacraficed with FX from a laptop for live public performances purposes. I will find out from other users of the TC Helicon.
Jon 

agaton

You can have all that, Vocal with harmony and effects and vArranger in a LapTop. But you need very, very good LapTop,
than very good and fast Audio Interface with Mic Preamp and at last, required software.

jan1kow

Thanks Lylo and Agaton for the info in Vocals I will look at this in more detail.
I think for live performances that external hardware may be best as suggested by Dan.
jon