News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Sampletank 3 & V-arranger2

Started by Phil, July 04, 2015, 07:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

@Dan:   I just discovered Sampletank 3 (  for a free demo see http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3/index.php?pp=sampletank-3-versions  ) : it can run as a Vsti with a 16 part selector, so 16 different instruments can be simultaniously selected for 16 MIDI channels).

Have you tested if the latest v-Arranger2 can run Sampletank 3 (64-bit), in which the styles (that are programmed to drive the 16 midi channels of Sampletank 3) play equally or better than for instance the Ketron SD2/SD1000?

Or is the only good option to wait for an excellent GM2 soundengine like that of TransAudio, in which the problem of this is that the very few demo's available sound excellent ::) ::) ::), but it is only guessing when the whole engine will be finished :'( :'( :'(, as it is such a time-consuming work to program it. If styles played in vArranger 2 can drive the Sampletank 3 soundengine well, I may consider to use this software first :) and later upgrade to Agaton's more superior TransAudio soundengine later when it comes out  ;)...

Lylo

The sound is nice but the problem is no program change for each instrument.  :-\

For vArranger Halion Sonic is better (and less expensive) because it can work in gm bank (but it's also poor, vArranger use more than one bank).

Phil

Thanks for the info mr. Lylo. ;D

But this YouTube video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifwWetspuPk  ) shows that Sampletank 3 can create a  'Live Set'  in which each Live set can contain up to 64 different 'songs'. Each song can contain up to 16 multi's. Program change numbers can be assigned to every song and every multi within every song. Also different Live Sets can be created.

Shouldn't it be possible to drive SampleTank3 with vArranger2 like this, since each instrument can be activated via a Program Change???

Lylo

Hello Phil, you are right, the system is very strange but perhaps it's possible to use Sampletank with vArranger.
I will try if it's ok for vArrange and I say to you.

Phil

Thanks mr. Lylo  ;D and good Luck testing  8) 8) 8)

Here is some more info I found concerning the creating of multi's in Sampletank3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZTpfQN-Y6Q&list=PLePqEsD0HuSZf5wJz4kvqczLLlDf-GLIU&index=3

Dan

I think most of VST instruments are good to be used as Right hand sound. This gives unlimited and very high quality sounds
For the accomp, it is better to use the vArranger synth, because it reacts faster to program changes, and you don't need to program it, because it follows the GM rules
You can set VST for every accomp track, but it is time consuming

Phil

Thanks for your response mr Dan.  :) I guess I'll have to wait on the Trans Audio Custum sound engine...

Lylo

I'm sorry but the live mode is not good for vArranger. In first it don't work in vA, it's impossible to write the preset, perhaps Dan can repair that.
And it not necessary in vA, we can save the full parameter of the vsti, it's better and quickly.
For the right hand and left hand, it's good but not for the arranger section.

Phil