News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

SONG CHORDS FEATURE

Started by Dan, January 10, 2011, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Since the Version 1.04, there is a new feature called SONG CHORDS included into vArranger.

How it's working?

It's a 2-in-1 function who allows you to :

1) Create a backing track sequence.
To do it, just select a style, and click on OPTIONS, SONG CHORDS.  Then you can enter on the screen the chords of the song.
By cliking on a measure, you can enter the chord at the right time.
If you clik on the top of measure, you can optionaly choose between the style's variations.
Once a time is selected, you can enter the chords by "midi learn".  Simply play the chord with your midi instrument, it will be displayed on the screen.
The press PLAY SONG, to hear the full backing track you just created in 2 minutes.
You can close the window, and clik on SAVE SONG.  Don't forget to check SONG CHORDS, to save the chords with the style.

2) vRIFF feature:
The new SONG CHORDS feature can be used in a new innovative way.
To try it, enter some chords in the SONG CHORD window. For example   C  Am  F  G... The close the window.
Start the arranger. Play some chords.
On top of the 4 style's variations, there is a new button called vRIFF. Click on it.
You will now hear the chords changing according to your entered vRIFF.
The left hand is now free to play another thing, and don't drive the arranger anymore.
You can take the control of the arranger at any time, by clicking once again on the vRIFF button, or automatically when the vRIFF sequence playing is done.
You can assign the vRIFF button to any midi or PC key on the CONTROLLERS menu.
Don't forget to SAVE SONG and check SONG CHORDS to remember your vRIFF, the next time you will load the style.

2 cool things :
- When you SAVE SONG, vArranger will remember the state of the vRIFF button, so if you want, you can play the song chords immediatly when you load it.
- After the chords are entered, you can try other styles, to hear how they sounds with the same chords. Just press the vRIFF button.

Just play some minutes with your vArranger, and you will understand by yourself, how it is easy, and how you can create TOP quality music in a very short time...

There is new features on the Version 1.05 topic :
http://www.varranger.fr/vforum/index.php/topic,251.0.html

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

PatSar63

Pretty result Dan,

Even the choosen  font looks like the BIAB font...

Patrick

Lionel

Now that could be very handy!!!

Lionel

juan

Tremendos feature it eliminates the need for me to use band in a box.

jan1kow

Dan I would use this feature. Goood

Dan

Are you ready to receive this new function inside your vArranger????????
I love it...

armandoromeu

Wow Dan, this is a feature that none of the existing arrangers offer. And it's so useful. Great job!

Dan

Yes this is a very unique feature.

Some more hours and It is coming ...

Prepare to be amazed

Dan

I just put the documentation of the feature, in the first post of this topic.

Dan

Lionel

Yeah man you are a legend!!! ;)

Great stuff mate.

Will give it a whirl straight away.

Thanks a million
;D
Lionel

Lionel

Follow up on last post

Gave it a whirl and works bloomin marvelous.

This has made a huge difference to what you can do as a player.

Thanks Dan

Dan

Yes, and the chords will be 100% in time now :)

jan1kow

The song chord feature is very useful for previewing/analyzing new styles/patterns etc.
If you only use a small SD2 sound module you do not have to set up your keyboard/accordion to play the chords as the new feature will play the styles through the song chords template that you have made and saved.
I have still to learn more on other song chord features but its a good tool.
I have also to find out how to record a midi file as a backing track from using a saved song template in the song chord feature.
I am familiar with Cakewalk but there must be a way to link VArranger and song chord to cakewalk etc. for recording.
Also if anyone knows how to link VArranger to cakewalk etc for similar recording during live performance style playing to make midi file?
jon
edinburgh

Lylo

Dan

For now, the only one who is working on 64bits windows OS is :

http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html

Limited to one midi port only for the free version

Dan

jan1kow

is this the link to the way to link between VArranger and Cakewalk
LoopBe1 is an internal MIDI device for transferring MIDI data between computer programs?
http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html
Also when you save a "song chord" into "my songs" do you need to open options/song chord to play it.
As you cannot click on the song name saved in my songs and press play to play.
How do you make other song chord files as a saved song chord file does not have a clear to allow a new song chord to be made.
Can you save multiple song chord files?
jon

Dan

1) Yes LoopBe1 allow you to link 2 softwares. Select LoopBe1 for the midi output of vArranger, and select the same LoopBe1 for the Midi input of your second application. VST host, or midi recorder.

2) No, to play the chords sequence again, just click on the vRIFF button.  If the vRIFF button is ON while you save the song chords, then the vRIFF button will be ON when you load the song again.

3) Each song can own a chords sequence. If you want different song chords for the same style, just change the song name when you SAVE the song.
To clear the displayed chords, right click on the chords, then SELECT ALL, then DELETE or CLEAR

jan1kow

How do I record from vArranger onto Cakewalk V3 or Cakewalk Pro audio 9 using LoopBe1 as the midi link between the two programs?
Using the vArranger song chords feature I Selected LoopBe1 for the midi output of vArranger, and select the same LoopBe1 for the Midi input of Cakewalk V3.
In Cakewalk v3...Problem?
All the six vArranger tracks (bass, drums, chords etc) were recorded onto a ONE single Cakewalk track.?
All Varranger tracks also all recorded as pianos, even the drums all onto Cakewalk track one?
How do you syncronise/start the recording to avoid empty bars at the begining and the recording to start it the begining of the first bar.
As the Cakewalk recording stars as soon as you press the record button which is before I switched to vArranger to start the song to be played.
In Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 the record button is disabled. So I cannot try to record?
jon

Dan

The best is to wait for an export to midifile feature :)
If you want to record now :
Create on cakewalk 16 different tracks.
Assign their midi channels to 1, 2, 3... 16
So each track will record one vArranger channel
Press record to start recording
Go on vArranger and press PANIC
then start playing vArranger.
At the end stop the recording and remove the empty bars.

jan1kow

I was using song chord last night and its an Amazing feature. (Especially if you have not used similar Band in a Box product)
I have songs to learn and usually write the chords down first on paper from listening to CD's using Windows media player. Using the pause button and sliding the moving play-bar back to replay small sections. Before the Varranger Song Chord feature it was quite messy and a time consuming procedure as I would write the chords on paper and make many changes and amendments until the chords were correct. Then on checking the song there were always small changes or modifications to chords for further improvements. Usually several sheets of messy scribbled paper per song were necessary before a final copy could be written. Then I would have to physically play the chords to a Ketron style and record this on my SD3 hard disk to make a backing track. Now - no more messy paper and amendments to any wrong chords as it is now so easy using the new Song chords feature. Layout - You can minimise VArranger main screen leaving only the song chord window with Media player behind it allowing the 2 programs to be seen, swapped and used at same time. So no switching between media player and song chords screens needed. Furthemore you can play/insert the chords into vArranger Song Chord window directly from your midi instrument in live time to the playing CD. So no messy scribbling and any alterations are made simply from playing chords directly again from your midi instrument onto any wrong chords for any changes as necessary. The big bonus is you now already also have your backing track made. So no more live recording. And even better you can use/swap your saved Song Chord file with any style or have several different style versions for variety. This means you can play the same song but to different rhythms and dances etc. Great for swapping various different latin styles to same song for different versions and variations of styles. Cant wait till the export to midifile feature is available for a complete midi file version. 
Jon       
edinburgh

Dan