News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Nektar LX88 Midi Controller

Started by Gerard, June 26, 2015, 02:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

I wanted a midi controller that was 88 keys, semi-weighted, but better than M-audio keystation 88, sliders, buttons, knobs and pads.
The answer I found was the Nektar LX88 and it was not that expensive.
It is selling almost everywhere for $299.99 USD.
I got lucky and got one from Ebay for $175.00 USD, that was an open box, unused.
I received it on Tuesday and started to program it from vArrangers CONTROLLER list.
The keyboard has 5 presets. Preset 5 allows the buttons to trigger not toggle which is good.
The pictures show the keyboard, and how I put labels for different functions.
Also, a picture of my Yamaha Motif XS rack, my MIDI in and out settings, pedal controller which I use with a volume pedal to control RIGHT volume, and my Edirol m-10DX mixer which has built in effects.
You may also notice my Tyros 5 - 76 key in the background which I hope to replace by using vArranger.
I have over 300 styles to revoice and reset volumes which will take some time.

Phil

You have a nice setup. Does 5 presets mean that every know and slider can have 5 different functions assigned to them? How is the key-action of this board (fast or slow)?
I think you were also interested in the TransAudio Custum soundengine. In this case you can really give us hands on info, if this TA engine exceeds the soundgeneration of the T5. :P

Gerard

Preset 5 makes the buttons trigger.
Preset 4 makes buttons toggle.
Presets 1, 2, and 3 are primarily for DAW's.

The key action is almost as fast as the TYROS 5, as I do not want Hammer action.
It has been difficult to find an 88 key without a hammer action of some sort.

I use the Yamaha Motif XS rack and some TYROS 4 soundfonts now and I am waiting to hear the TransAudio soundengine to see if it is better than what I have now.