News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Workaround for SD1000 w/ no USB power

Started by phillyjazz, May 14, 2015, 03:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillyjazz

I was very disappointed that the SD1000 will not power from most USB ports.  Event the SD4 can do that (and it is like two SD2s combined !!)   I did find a portable power charger on Amazon that will provide 9v to the SD1000 and even has a 9v cable included that is an exact match.

I have not tried it live yet, so don't know how long it will last on a charge, but I suspect long enough for a gig if you power off between sets.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DVB7F0S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dan

Be careful of the polarity.

Do you mean that your SD1000 can be powered on some USB ports, and on some not?

phillyjazz

NONE of my USB ports (desktop or otherwise) will power it.  The RAVpower seems to do it with no problem.  Nice to have an "untethered" solution.

haweneu

Hi,
why do you think, that the SD 1000 works with USB Power?
There is no information in the user manual about USB Power! Only that you must connect the power supply!
May be, that some USB ports work, but there is not garantie from ketron!

phillyjazz

I am aware of that.  I have read other responses from users in Europe who WERE able to power the SD1000 (certain lucky ones) with USB power.  IMO, it was a poor choice on Ketron's part to sacrifice this feature when it was common to the SD series (SD2 and SD4.) It was not specified on their web material that it either did or did not run on USB power, but having previously owned an SD2 (and still owning and SD4) it would be a fair assumption to make (assuming one had not already BOUGHT the device and read the manual.)

Ketron makes great sounds, but IMO poor decisions, and their support is marginal at best.