News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger With Two Midi Controllers

Started by Bernie9, March 14, 2010, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I have vArranger, controlled by an Axiom61, an organ module controlled by a Roland controller.  I use a Midisport 2x2 interface for the vArranger and the laptop.

What I want to do is use both controllers, and have control of the left hand chords in style play with either keyboard.

Bernie

Dan

Hi Bernie,

Why to have the chords recognitions on 2 keyboards together?

I think it's better to 'loose' just one split of one keyboard for the chord recognition.

And to use the second keyboard fully

Dan

Bernie9

Hi Dan

There are times I want to play full organ(L&R).  There are other times I want L organ and R sax.
Other times, L strings and R piano. All with accomp.

How else would I accomplish this ?

Dan

Hi Bernie,

What is the model of the Roland controller and the Organ module, so I will understand better.

Dan

Bernie9

The organ controller is an Edirol PC-80.  It has a good quality keybed, but few physical controllers.  It is connected to a Muse Receptor, in which I have the NI B4 software for the Hammond organ sound.

If I have to, I can perhaps do without a  controlling the LH chords on the Axiom61, but its controllers are needed to control volumes, etc.  The Edirol has Midi out and USB.  The Axiom has in and out and USB, No thru.  Of course, it would be easy to keep the split on the Axiom and not have a split on the organ, but the loss of LH organ from my Receptor would not be good.

As a last resort, I could play LH organ from the SD2 on the vArranger and RH receptor if the other methods are not practical.

Dan

Hi Bernie,

I am very sorry, but I am still not sure about what do you want to do !

So tell me just what is your ideal way of playing with your 2 keyboards. and your 2 modules.

Dan

Bernie9

In short, I would like to control the accompaniment chords while playing styles on my left hand with either keyboard.

Dan

Hi Bernie,

Why not put your Roland Keyboard as the first vArranger input. Then you will be able to play chords with the left hand on it, and SD2 melody with the right hand.

Then plug your axiom USB to vArranger 2nd Input to play and uncheck the PLAY NOTES option.

So this input will just let you use your axiom buttons, pads, knobs... to control the vArranger functions.

Then plug the AXIOM midi out to the muse receptor midi in to play the organ sound.

Just remember that you have to NOT use the same controller for the B4 and the vArranger.

So if you want to use your 9 sliders to controll the drawbars of the B4, just don't assign them to any vArranger functions.

The same, don't use any vArranger's assigned controls to the B4 controllers.

Then you will play the B4 full keyboard !

Let me know if it's good for you.

Dan

Bernie9

Thanks a lot, Dan.  I will try it out
Bernie