Selecting Motif XS MODE instead of XG MODE from Drop Down List

Started by paulus1971, April 22, 2015, 11:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulus1971

Hi Dan......Sorry, the other topic i started (Using Motif XS Midi Out with Yamaha MOXF) may be a bit confusing.

What i mean is, when i choose the midi out, there is a drop down list of modes (GM, GM2, GS, XG, Yamaha Motif XS, Ketron SD2, Ketron SD4, Ketron SD1000). If i select the Yamaha Motif XS from the Drop Down List, and use my Yamaha MOXF as sound module, then i will be able to easily select the first 8 banks (128 x 8 = 1024 instruments) of my Yamaha MOXF. Because Motif XS and Yamaha MOXF have identical instruments for their first 8 banks, and they are not GM instruments. So, they sound better than the GM ones.

This is the "story"....

whenever i choose a style (orginal/non-edited one), the style will automatically use GM instruments for all tracks. Then, usually i will edit/change the instruments to non GM instruments. Because the non GM instruments sound better. I usually use the instruments from the first 8 Preset Banks of my Yamaha MOXF. Then i save the song.

But the thing is, when i run the style, while the style is running, whenever i select a track to adjust its volume on the fly, the selected track which i already edited/assigned  to a non GM instrument, suddenly change  into the original GM instrument,  the GM instrument that was originally assigned to that track before i edited the style.

That is the story.

Could you tell me why is it?

Thank you Dan