News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Selecting Motif XS instead of XG from Drop Down List

Started by paulus1971, April 18, 2015, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulus1971

Hi Dan,

I've been using vArranger with my MOXF,  since the first 8 Preset Banks (1024 sounds) of MOXF and Motif XS are identical, i use Motif XS as Midi Out (instead of XG). The result is really good, cause i can easily know what sounds i use for each track.

But the problem is, whenever i select/highlight a track (to adjust the volume), the selected track's instrument always changes to GM instrument randomly (ex. : Bass Track which is supposed to play Bass sound, when highlighted/selected changes to Piano sound).

If i use XG as Midi OUT, this problem never occurs. But using Motif XS, again, really helps me to know the which instrument is in which track.

Can you help me with this please?  Thank you

lee

I would hope that when using a ins file that it stays on that file as to instrument names...not GM?
Otherwise bad problem?
Lee

paulus1971

Hi Lee,

Sorry, may be my post is a bit confusing.

What i mean is, when i choose the midi out, there is a drop down list of modules (GM, GM2, GS, XG, Yamaha Motif XS, Ketron SD2, Ketron SD4, Ketron SD1000). If i select the Yamaha Motif XS from the Drop Down List, and use my Yamaha MOXF as sound module, then i will be able to easily select the first 8 banks (128 x 8 = 1024 instruments) of my Yamaha MOXF. Because Motif XS and Yamaha MOXF have identical instruments for their first 8 banks, and they are not GM instruments. So, they sound better than the GM ones.

This is the "story"....

whenever i choose a style (orginal/non-edited one), the style will use GM instruments for all tracks. Then, usually i will edit/change the instruments to non GM instruments. Because the non GM instruments sound better. I usually use the instruments from the first 8 Preset Banks of my Yamaha MOXF. Then i save the song.

But the thing is, when i run the style, while the style is running, whenever i select a track to adjust its volume on the fly, the selected track which i already edited/assigned  to a non GM instrument, suddenly change  into a GM instrument,  the GM instrument that was originally assigned to that track before i edited the style.

That is the story.