What's the max length of style's variation (in bars) vArranger2 can play?

Started by paulus1971, March 23, 2015, 12:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulus1971

Hi Dan,

I want to create my own style (yamaha style format) for a jazz standard song called "So What", which only has 2 chords for the whole song. To make the style sounds good, i want to create 16 bar "Variation A", 16 bar "Variation B", 16 bar "Variation C", and 16 bar "Variation D". Will vArranger2 be able to play the whole 16 bars for every variation? Or it will only play the first 2 or 4 bars of each variation?

Thank you

Dan

paulus1971

Lylo

Hello Paulus, how will you create the style, with which program ?

paulus1971

Hi Liylo,

I'm having difficulties creating my own styles using Cakewalk. The style created by cakewalk can't be read by vArranger.

Do you know any software i can use to convert midi file created in Cakewalk to vArranger style?

Thank you

claudio

agaton

Very good as sequencer defined in Style Maker or MixMaster style editors
is XG Works from Yamaha. You can very detailed edit style in XG Works and
than save it from Mix Master (or Style Maker) in .sty format.
XG Works is, in this case, only external sequencer, defined in Mix Master. After
style edit in XG Works, you return to Mix Master window and can save the style.
You can see all midi style tracks (also Chord Switch tracks) and edit them with
all tools from XG Works (the very best tools for midi editing). In a word, you can
make perfect styles with this two programs.

paulus1971

Thank you all for your kind help,

Actually, what i want is very simple, i only need to trigger different parts of a midi file that i assigned to each variation in vArranger.

For instance, i want to create a "style" (what i want to create is not really a style actually) for "Autumn Leaves" song.

I would make 64 bars (8 tracks) midi song consisting of Verse 1 (16 bars) - Chorus 1  (16 bars) - Verse 2  (16 bars) - Chorus 2 (16 bars) . Then i assign Verse 1 to Variation 1,  Verse 2 to Variation 2,  Chorus 1 to Variation 3,  and Chorus 2  to Variation 4.

So, when i play the "Autumn Leaves" song to back up my singer, we will have the flexibility of how we want to do it. We can go from Verse 1 - Verse 2 - Chorus 1 - Verse 2 - Chorus 2.....etc..   and next time we can go from Chrous 1 - Verse 1 - Verse 2 - Chorus 1 - Chrous 2....etc....   and i don't want to do this with any arranger keyboard, but i want to do this with vArranger and my synths. Since no arranger keyboard can sound as good as a good synth.

I don't think in this case i need CASM editor right?  Coz all i need is to trigger different parts of a midi file using Variation 1, 2, 3, 4, Ending 1, 2, 3.....so I will not need to play the chord progression of the song at all

Do you have any ideas, what is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks a lot.

agaton

I understud. You need "Song Styles", and it is very simple to make it with Mix Master, but you have also one tool in vArranger2 for this kind of midi file playing with 15 Markers, which you can define in one midi file and play this parts so how you need. It is one amazing feature of vArranger2. It is possible to assign 15 controllers (Midi or PC Keys) to this Markers. Perfect !!!

Dan

Yes, you need to INSERT MARKER in cakewalk, and then give him a name and position.

I explain the different options of naming and controlling here :
http://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php?topic=834.0

paulus1971

Thank you for your very quick reply Dan and Agaton,

I didn't know that vArranger has this "Song Styles" feature. That is really great!