News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Sound conversion table

Started by Bachus, March 22, 2015, 12:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bachus

Can i make my own mapping for sounds?

A good example is creating a specific soundset on Korg Kronos as a module for Varranger (its possible to import SF2 sounds into the HD1 engine) ... All i would like to do is map the typical GM2 midi output of Varranger to the midi numbers of the new sounds...

agaton

You can do that, but you need one Midi processing software
for Midi Routing of PCG-s. For example free program MidiOx.

Bachus

Quote from: agaton on March 22, 2015, 12:46:17 PM
You can do that, but you need one Midi processing software
for Midi Routing of PCG-s. For example free program MidiOx.

I know i can use external software, i was hoping that Varranger had some build in interface to do this... It would allow people to replace sounds with better sounds fromdifferent sources.. It would allow pro's more freedom..

Dan

You can set manually for every track the sound you want. by numbers (Bank 0 - Bank 32 - Program Change) or with a INS file to select sounds from a list

lee

Dan,
If we use Ins file...will the CORRECT name show up on the channels at the bottom of vA2?? That is very important.
Thanks,
Lee

Dan

If you are using SF2 sounds, or SD2 or SD4 or SD1000 or MOTIF  then it will, else the GM equivalent sound will be displayed.
For now, you can use many INS files and every INS file can have many different synth inside, and many banks... For now vA does not link the display name of the track to the INS file, but if INS screen is open, and you select a track, it will be well selected.