News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Recording in varranger2

Started by PeterSky, February 26, 2015, 07:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterSky

Is it possible to record in real time varranger2?

Dan

Yes, you can record what you are actually playing if you are using the vArranger synth, the SF2 samples or VST virtual sounds

PeterSky

Hi Dan.
Thank you for your prompt response.
I have a question. Whether recording in varranger done using the RECORD button? Or in what way? Maybe there is a tutorial on how to record using vst instruments?

PeterSky

I want to use varranger vst instruments to create arrangements - as in the hardware keyboard.

Dan

Yes, there is a REC button on the main screen (bottom right). It will then record your song as WAV or MP3

Dan

If you need MIDI recording, you can select a style, use the SONG CHORDS, to enter your chords on screen, and then Export the grid to midifile

PeterSky

I want to record the midi in real time, or you can just record? Is the only option is to write the chords?

PeterSky

I care about the recording in real time midi file.

Dan

No, only export the accomp grid in midi file.

It is better, because when you play the chords in realtime, they are nerver exactly on time.

With the export of the grid, the timing will be perfect for creating pro backing tracks

Here is a video in french talking about the song chords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3GNIh-e8iY#t=128

PeterSky

Ok, understand. And is possible to control the functions of varranger "intro, variation, fill and ending" from the deck of a computer keyboard?

Dan

PeterSky

phillyjazz

I am not a keyboard player. I play woodwind controllers (Yamaha WX-7) and EWI.  I don't know how difficult a job it would be to disable the already existing "arranger" code and just leave the patch management/sysex and softsynth bits.  With more and more people using tablets, a large, easy-to-use UI for live playing would be highly valuable even without the accompaniment features. A light version could leverage existing code without much new development effort and open up a whole different market just looking for the utility functions.

Dan

vArranger works well with woodwind controllers. Some are using it and use the song chords to play on top of an accomp, or play on top of a midifile.
For now, I don't plan to release a vArranger light without arranger