News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vA2 and Notation Composer

Started by Bernie9, February 25, 2015, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

Sometimes I use Composer(formerly MidiNotate) for song specific SMF in which I have to read the chords and melody line.  I use a Surface Pro2 to read the Composer generated lead sheet and sound from an installed SF GM sound set.  One of my kbds plays left and right hand melody.

Since the new softsynth may allow me not to carry a module, I am trying to find the easiest way to use VA2 and Composer.  The obvious problem is that I need two GUIs.  I do have other tablets and iPad, and laptops to use if necessary. The other is whether I can use VA softsynth sound on both.

The advantages would be light weight, superior sound,and VA2 allows me to set up 10 sounds for each hand right in front of me.

Or-maybe it is a bad idea.

v.muller

I am not sure if I understand properly.
But if you want to play other midi software via vArrangers Synth,
you can use for example MIDI Yoke NT as MIDI OUT for your program
and as MIDI IN for vArranger.
Of course It works just for channel 1.

Bernie9

Thank you for your response.  That would get me the sound.  I need two GUI, one for VA and one for Composer to read the scrolling lead sheet.  I guess I would need two tablets running at the same time.  Can I run two instances of VA with one dongle ?  I guess I could start one, reinsert the pen drive to the other and initiate it.