News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger ERROR:midiOutLongMsg = 1

Started by Marty.Dolbear, February 23, 2015, 04:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty.Dolbear

I appear to have an issue with selecting the correct sound output for vArranger2. After having chosen what seems to be the wrong device I can no longer get into the MIDI PORTS... option of the OPTIONS menu. The program freezes up and won't allow any adjustments and reports an error showing "ERROR: midiOutLongMsg = 1". I have (obviously) restarted the program as well as the computer to no avail. If I first attempt any of the other possibilities (Controllers..., Song Chords..., MIDI Event List..., etc.) under the OPTIONS menu they are all avilable, but MIDI PORTS... still freezes the program.

Dan

Can you set the computer power options on : Performance mode

The laptops are often limiting the  USB power, especially when they are on Battery mode.

Then try rebooting

Marty.Dolbear

The power management is now and has been set to it's highest performance setting. That doesn't seem to be resolving the error. What is this error message indicating?

Dan

What is the MIDI OUT device you have selected?

You can go on the vArrangerData\vArranger2.ini file and remove the lines with the MIDI OUTS

To assign them again

Marty.Dolbear

I removed every MIDI OUT reference in the .ini file with no change in condition. The program still freezes up whenever I attempt to access the MIDI PORTS... selection of the OPTIONS menu.

Dan

Can you run http://www.varranger.com/support.exe

Let this windows open, and send me the displayed Id in a private message.

i will connect to your computer to see what is the problem

Dan

Marty.Dolbear

I found the problem. The ASIO driver under AUDIO OUT seems to have been the issue. I erased that reference from the .ini file and I'm able to select the MIDI PORTS... options once again.

Marty.Dolbear

Apparently there is an incompatibility with the ASIO audio output when using the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.

Dan

Yes of course.

ASIO or WASAPI are using the audio exclusively, to get the lowest latency.

The Microsoft Synth can't then access it.

Why not using the vArranger Software Synthesizer? It is better than the Microsoft ones, and has low latency. And can load SF2 sounds

Marty.Dolbear

I have been using the vArranger software synth, this was just a matter of me trying different possibilities. The only real difficulty was a result of not being able to get back into the "MIDI PORTS..." menu so that incompatible assignments could be reset.